Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

dragline mail box lets see ya top this one

hoeman600 ยท 2008-07-24 16:42

this is hunyady auction co mailbox i see it every day goin to work

Replies23
  1. #1Stroker2008-07-24 17:52

    Sweet mailbox!!!! I would be afraid some jerk would steal it though.

  2. #2hoeman6002008-07-24 20:57

    20 years ago i probly would have

  3. #3sbrem2008-07-24 21:08

    Or smash it. Smashing mailboxes is a somewhat common thing around here for some reason.

  4. #4insleyboy2008-07-24 21:39

    Very nice though, Looks like great detail too. Wish I had one myself!

  5. #5knucklehead982008-07-24 21:42

    I will try to get pics of my dads. My Grandpa built it years ago, the base is a bull gear ,don't remember what size machine though. The post is a crankshaft out of a D-8 I think.

  6. #6stretch2008-07-24 22:35

    Where can you get one of those? Even Ma was impressed by that, so maybe we'll have a new lawn ornament in a few months.

  7. #7hoeman6002008-07-25 17:01

    im gonna try to build one soon. ill keep you posted. and i dont think a baseball bat would stand a chance this thing is all steel aprox 1/4 inch

  8. #8Dozerboy2008-08-03 20:36

    Very cool

  9. #9Orchard Ex2008-08-04 20:27

    The address is almost as good as the mailbox

  10. #10DigDug2008-08-04 22:34

    anyone else have mailbox to show off. I would like to build something but dont have a good idea. It has to do with excavation or demo.

  11. #11rino14942009-10-04 21:14

    I was just at their last auction in New Jersey. They sold their old dozer mailbox. I was stupid and just stood there without raising my hand. It only sold for $10.

  12. #12Buckethead2009-10-04 21:29

    Definitely cool pics! :usa

  13. #13Cat_325L2009-10-23 12:37

    That thing is sweet!! Nice job

  14. #149420pullpan2009-10-23 21:13

    does this take the cake???

  15. #15shovelman2009-10-24 10:06

    Fantastic! I want one...

  16. #16alrman2009-10-24 23:45

    This is a HEF special. Picture was taken by a friend on holidays in New Zealand.

  17. #17alrman2012-03-19 01:24

    Thought I'd resurrect this old thread with a pic of my mailbox - (it's a Case 850 transmission housing) Any more interesting mailboxes out there ??

  18. #182stickbill2012-03-19 05:27

    We can't do that here These idiots knocking down Mail boxes might get hurt are damage their vehicle.

  19. #19grandpa2012-03-19 07:11

    We can't do that here either 2 stick..... if someone ran into it they could sue the pants off you. Liability thing I guess along with living in a too liberal state.

  20. #20JDOFMEMI2012-03-19 11:38

    Yep, but it would bve fun to hide in the bushes and watch them try anyway!

  21. #21alrman2012-03-19 18:25

    That's exactly why I put it there! My old mailbox had been soda bombed, gone missing, was run over, so many times I had lost count - this one has not been tampered with - yet...... Here's another beauty!

  22. #222stickbill2012-03-20 12:25

    Yea no fun running over them when it does more damage to the vehicle.I bet hitting it with a bat would leave a lasting feeling.Seen one made from D8 Rails.

  23. #23Winch Cat2012-03-21 10:04

    Now that is one INCREDIBLE mailbox. I too would be worried that someone might take it, but I would still have GREAT pride in owning one like that. After reading that they sold their dozer mailbox I will have to keep my eyes open for this gem to come up for sale.