First, let me be honest. This is my first piece of equipment. I am trying to drain the water out of the separator bowl. The valve at the bottom just turns an nothing drains out . I loosed the vet screw at the top still nothing drains out. Is there a trick to this? I assume that the plastic valve should turn counter clockwise to drain, but it seems to turn either way, doesn't tighten or loosen. I know I can unscrew the plastic bowl, like I was changing the filter, but wanted that to be the last resort. Any help will be appreciated.
The only thing that comes to mind is the water is frozen, or the hole is plugged up with gunk. You could try an air gun to blow into the drain valve if you think it might be plugged, or a toothpick? The Gehl manuals online say to clean that bowl, so don't be afraid to take it all apart and see how it works.
Thanks for the reply, the water isn't frozen and I have tried pushing a wire in the outlet. I'll try taking it apart. Thanks again