Hi all- I searched and couldn't find much info on this! I have a Cat 12E grader with D333 engine (6 gallon oil capacity). I'm wondering what you all are doing for draining oil- a 6 gallon drain pan seems kind of big Anyone pumping the oil out and into a 55 gallon drum? Other setups/techniques? Thanks, Gavin
5 gallon pail twice not to heavy not being full to the top close the valve and switch or stick my finger in the hole I never try to thread a plug back on anymore after dropping a few to the bottom of a bucket with oil coming out still
In civilization, Samson low profile cart. Like this one. Then, I pump it into drums with a diaphragm pump. Drums get picked-up. In the bush, 5 gallon pails and burn the used oil it in a cut-off drum.
I think you just need to use a pail or drain pan large enough to hold 6 gallons or quickly move a smaller one out of the way while you put another one under.
Thanks everyone!!! If anyone has additional ideas, let me know.
what they all said. Two buckets, do the dance. If there is enough room you can tip one out of the way while single handing the empty one into the stream. I also toss a couple of absorbent pads on the ground to start, just to appease Murphy. Where is your 12 at?
Thanks! It's in Washington
That's a big place man ! Right now I'm in Lakewood later on I'm going to be in Graham.