Anyone know where to get special engine oil drain tube ref. 1554512601 for Takeuchi TB016 in UK/Europe? I see it on only two sites, both in the US. For people who manage to do the job without this tool, how do you do it? Thanks
Welcome to the HEF, Mr. Johnfused. IDK? I’m sure you could rig something up. Tell us about your operation. What sort of holes do you dig with your Takeuchi? Bury any bodies with it? Appears to be M12x1.25. I see plenty of options on Amazon. Wish I had a hoe. I would dig lots of holes with it. This is Mr. Groot. He is a 15 pound Flemish Giant. He loves the ladies and he loves to dig. He’s molting, so he looks like a mess.
Thanks. The connector is not just an ordinary elbow. When you unscrew the cap of the sump no oil comes out until a spring is pushed in, which is what the connector does (apparently). Wabbits dig holes. Big wabbits dig big holes (apparently). I took this opportunity to write a wee history of my use of the digger so I've pasted it below. Old house, France. Water in 'cave' (cellar). With creatures. Water diviner nearly cracked his wrist when his stick shot up. So there's water coming in from front of house. My French wasn't good enough to say is there also water coming up from water table beneath house (It seems there was , as we'll see). Decision time: trench in courtyard in front of house to stop ingress, or behind house at a grill where water was coming out? I chose front of house (bad decision as we'll see). Got someone in to dig a trench all along the front, then to the side of the house then to field. Decided to buy digger. Weeks searching to decide what model digger, then scouring ads from Eire to Russia, comparing Hours/ price. Listen to this -- the best one was 5 miles away!! Dry. No more water. .. Months later water 18" deep in cave. Called digger guy in again -- yes, I'd learned to play with digger but this was serious -- I'd tipped it into into my ditch. Job done, cave dry for years. Had a few burst hoses, the worst being underneath because you can only get one hand in. Hardest was reconnecting a thin non-pressurised clear hose which needed one hand to hold in place one hand to tighten nut. Use a valve spring compressor which held the nut tight to the fitting as I turned it. Hey, wake up...
My goodness. I would like to have a cave under my house. That could come in handy. How old is your house? Keep us posted. Good to have you on the HEF. Where I live, we don’t have old things. Well, we do have some old trees, but we sold most of them. Our oldest incorporated towns and cities are less than 100 years old. The newest, are 40 years. The indigenous folks didn’t really build lasting infrastructure, besides some small dugouts. They moved around, a lot.
Good day Attached may help. Kind regards Uffex
How about HERE .? This company appears to be located in Germany.
I own a TB016. 15545-12601 drain connector works great! Order from Equipment Share in the US.
Why not just have the drain valve identify as a drain plug? Can't just old school it and remove the drain valve from the pan to drain the oil?
$25 or so, in the states.
The OP appears to be in France, so I assume that explains why he was looking for something on sale in Europe rather than the US with the associated higher freight charges.
And he has a cave.
Well, yes, item identified as B is what I'm trying to buy. Found it in several shops in US; most are Contact Us for Price and Availability. One for whom the price is not a state secret gives $19.50, but when you read through the blurb you finally find they don't ship outside Brandonland. In fact the site is shop.equipmentshare.com for interest. Best so far is parts-sale.jp price ¥2,771 (£15.16), postage ¥2,900 (£15.81). Takeuchi France replied business-blah, business-blah and gave one contact. I can see dozens on their pathetic map. They have dozens of concessions and thought they must have a mailing list and might contact the all with one click. Nah. So waiting, not in hope, from the one contact.
Freight is a second consideration. I just don't see them anywhere else. Just wondering how people do the job here. Prolly get it from Japan for £30 all told (details in another response-- didn't realise so many people have replied). Thanks.
Tried yesterday. $19.50. No shipping outside US. Read someone else say the tube drains too slow anyway! But I'm in no hurry and don't want to mess up my nail polish. Thanks for reply -- shows you, too, couldn't find it over here. Are there no conventions of Tak owners where people get together and yak, buy stuff, have contests by weight category? Tak n' Yak.
Click the link in Post #6 above. That particular one was being sold by a company in Germany.
Have that on many machine. Just remove entire valve, drain oil, replace valve.
Thanks for link. Looked earlier. Price pic attached without delivery... rigmarole just to find cost, so guess 10 something. Going Japan route as i reported elsewhere. Waiting for price confirmation from Japan, where the time is... "tomorrow" (The Simpsons in Japan)..
Just arrived from Japan.