Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dream Machine

Clawed Backster ยท 2009-10-27 13:01

0K guys. Let's say you won a couple hundred million bucks in the lottery, and the Little Woman only demands 90 percent for clothes, shoes, and exotic travel(remember this is fantasy). With the pittance she left you to play with, what antique machine would you like to get to tinker on?

Replies67
  1. #1Young Chaz2009-10-27 13:14

    Thats easy D9G.

  2. #2micbare2009-10-27 15:51

    d8h, 12f, DW-15, d7e (no blade) cable control unit cat 70 pull pan

  3. #3Dominion 4102009-10-27 19:51

    list 1- Dominion 410 cable backhoe,air controls,1 1/4 bucket,4-71 GM power 2- Bucyrus-Erie 30-B, same as above 3- Terex 72-40 wheel loader,6v53 Detroit power 4-Cat D6 9U series dozer Dominion :canada

  4. #4egoman2009-10-28 21:46

    I didnt even hesitate when I saw this thread.......twin engine euclid or terrex dozer!!!!!!

  5. #5Clawed Backster2009-10-28 22:02

    RIGHT ON!!! Egoman. I'll second that motion. But, I'd add a Michigan 480 with a 600 horse VT-1710.

  6. #6qball2009-10-28 22:29

    northwest 80-d shovel and hoe. 983 cat d-8h euclid tc 12 dozer d-11 994 4100 manitowoc and a bobcat to do the drive

  7. #7Buckethead2009-10-29 15:55

    LOL! This is what I dream about at night. My wish list of old equipment would be something like this; 1. At least two old cable rigs preferably one each Bucyrus-Erie and Northwest, one with hoe and one with crane boom. And don't forget drag and clam buckets for the crane. 2. A big crawler tractor, could be either Cat, A-C or International pulling a scraper, like a Cat 80. 3. An old scraper, something like an early Terex twin engine or a Cat DW-21, or an old Wabco. 4. A Cat D8 or D9 with a cable blade. 5. Maybe one hydraulic hoe, one you don't see much anymore like an old Bucyrus 400H. 6. An old sandpit as a sandbox to play with them in. 7. An old Autocar tractor, with a 13 speed, pulling a lowbed to haul them to shows. A big winch on the back of the Autocar for dragging old iron out of the weeds and up on the trailer.

  8. #8WabcoMan2009-10-29 17:24

    Easy............. A 1949 Wooldridge TCS-142 motor scraper would be first choice followed by a 1960 Euclid TS-14 - a 6UOT series (original issue). Just for good measure a 1955 LeTourneau-Westinghouse D Tournapull (with the Fuller transmission) would put me in 7th heaven

  9. #9hardtail2009-10-30 10:59

    Hayes winch tractor and folding gooseneck trailer with a TD25C sitting on it, that would be a nice start...............:cool2

  10. #10wormkiller2009-10-30 23:23

    With a large budget, I would love to hire some of the characters and their machines from this forum and see what that would produce.:drinkup

  11. #11qball2009-10-30 23:40

    well, you have seen me in action. or, inaction. i WILL work for beer.:drinkup:drinkup:drinkup:drinkup:drinkup:drinkup

  12. #12Bellboy2009-10-31 05:22

    easy... Komatsu D65E

  13. #13tdozer2009-11-04 18:51

    Cat 666!!!!!!!!! DD9G to push the 666 Cat #16 Grader B-E 61B dragline w/ Cat power Northwest 100DH Excavator

  14. #14daugherty1022009-11-04 22:53

    Cat 944A koehring 466 excavator KW W900a long nose with a 3408 Cat and a folding neck lowboy to haul it all

  15. #15stretch2009-11-05 15:51

    B-E 30-B Dragline Cat D8H w/winch IH TD-25C w/ripper Cat DW-21 scraper Northwest 190 backhoe Link-Belt LS-98 shovel Euc R-10 Mack B-73 and a Rogers to haul

  16. #16Clawed Backster2009-11-05 22:31

    Some 'o you fella's is borderin' on greedy.

  17. #17ih1002009-11-08 14:15

    Cat 963B, 4-in-1 and 3-shank IH 100E, 4-in-1 and winch (I'm sure it's possible) Cat 235 (too far up into a 245) disused pit plenty of contracts coming in from prompt payers

  18. #18stretch2009-11-08 18:36

    Sorry man, I couldn't choose just one! As I think is case with the others...:drinkup

  19. #19cat9802009-11-13 17:00

    a cat d8 cable job a keorhing 505 trackhoe a mack dm 800 tandem dump truck a cat 980a loader an a mack b model with an old fold down lowboy

  20. #20Buckethead2009-11-13 21:08

    LOL I guess so, but the title of the thread is "Dream Machine" not "Reality Machine"

  21. #21Clawed Backster2009-11-14 05:29

    Well if the sky is the limit here, then this is a little sample of my list. Michigan 480 wheel dozer. Michigan 675 loader. Koehring 1466 shovel. Terex twin-engine dozer. Cat tripple six scraper. Old twin-engine Euclid rock truck. Old cable shovel of some sort. Tricycle style steam roller. And an old Autocar tractor with lowboy.

  22. #22grandpa2009-11-14 07:12

    Ha ha I must have died a few years ago and havent noticed it yet. Im still making a living with all the old DREAM MACHINES you guys have just mentioned..

  23. #23AtlasRob2009-11-14 14:19

    I've never been a big scraper man but I'll mount up that DD9G for you if you need a second player. I'd have a long lever C@t 245 backhoe, really struggled to not push myself back with the faceshovel version

  24. #24Koehringman2009-11-14 14:30

    All The Money... A Koehring 1266D. I'd use what money is left to bring it to equipment shows....:usa

  25. #25Clawed Backster2009-11-14 17:02

    Really? Whatchagot? Got pictures?

  26. #26Clawed Backster2009-11-14 17:08

    Sadly, the last example of some of these machines probably went to the great excavation site in the sky years ago.

  27. #27cummins052009-11-14 17:36

    D7H and a 850 hitachi

  28. #28Clawed Backster2010-03-05 18:14

    No dreamers lately?

  29. #29stinkycat2010-03-05 18:47

    Cat 666 with the big rear wheels, DD9G to push, Double L Euclid end dump a Cat 992 to load the end dump and Hough D500 rubber tired Dozer To back up DD9G's and a Euclid water truck with DD 610

  30. #30sawman2010-03-05 20:55

    Hi, I am new to this forum and really enjoy reading the posts and seeing all the pictures of equipment. If I won the lottery I would have to buy a D9G with a cushion blade and a 641B scraper. I like the looks of these older Caterpillar machines. Cass

  31. #31truklodyte2010-03-06 14:09

    1,29 bulldog AC mack 2,an old slope cat crawler dozer 3,1968 autocar triaxle drive 4,a michigan truck mounted crane/dragline/ power shovel.

  32. #32Tugger2010-03-11 22:35

    Favorite piece A 10B bucyrus Erie shovel front. A Buddy for my 15B dragline.

  33. #33Phil2010-03-16 17:58

    1. D9G with new extreme service undercarriage (I'd wash it every day) 2. Bucyrus Erie dragline, a good size unit with a Detriot Diesel 3. TS14B 4. D6D

  34. #34JimInOz2010-03-16 20:47

    Mitsubishi BS3J Crawler Loader Cat 955L (57M) Cat D8H Cat D4D IH BTD6 IH TD8E While I'm dreamin',throw in a LeTorneau Jungle Crusher....for keeping down the weeds & scaring the neighbours!

  35. #35sultan2010-09-11 14:14

    Useful machines: CAT 245D LC CAT 988B CAT 938F CAT D8R CAT D9G CAT D400B CAT 627B

  36. #36dynahoescott2010-09-11 17:22

    dream hoe 190 dynahoe(saur) with side dump loader bucket and rebuilt 3-53 detroit diesel (standard engine, just rebuilt) I ran one for 9 years

  37. #37loggah2010-09-11 17:39

    As far as earthmoving equipment ,a 675 michigan loader and a Linn crawler dumptruck ,a cletrac 100 with a sargeant snowplow for snow removal , a 880 clark skidder and a diesel lombard tractor for logging equipment. Don

  38. #38danregan2011-03-07 05:27

    this thread is useless without pics

  39. #39Mike Mc2011-03-07 13:32

    We'll Dan lets see some pics!!! Another benefit to winning the lottery and having BIG toys is the hauler your going to need to transport them BIG toys

  40. #40stumpjumper832011-03-07 22:17

    dang it jim I thought I was gettin that jungle crusher... oh well, i guess we will have to find 2 of them. also from letourneau... A l2350 wheel loader A tripple train scraper A tournadozer d A landtrain, lowboy style, cause i wanna get it all in one trip. A terex tc12 (2), ac hd41b's & an anchor chain for chaining housing developments and maybe trees A cat 983 A remote control d9 A krupp bucket excavator A bobcat 1213 A fordson snow tractor, the thing with augers for wheels an oil tanker full of diesel and 15-40 & hydraulic oil... and the entire state of new jersey to play in.

  41. #41MNERIC2011-03-29 18:14

    I would love to get my Erie B dragline restored and out of the weeds!

  42. #42oldironfred2011-04-02 17:41

    A Northwest excavator and a Terex loader.

  43. #43markshr1512011-04-02 18:17

    letourneau jungle crusher and Kw 953 with trailer.I don't know why I couldn't use it any where.

  44. #44mitch5042011-04-02 18:43

    On second thought, I really have nothing against trees

  45. #45trakloader2011-05-14 16:51

    A Bucyrus-Erie 22B shovel front, and Euclid R-10.

  46. #46grandpa2011-05-14 16:59

    http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab208/parkrapids/0315110937a-3.jpg

  47. #47EGS2011-05-14 18:30

    My dream machine's. With a F145 4-16" plow for the row-crop and a 555H 5 bottom trailer plow for the standard. With a nice sunny November day and acres and acres of corn stubble ground. Life would be complete.

  48. #48spaghettiwestrn2011-05-23 23:52

    First Choice: UNIT 271-C dragline Second Choice: GARWOOD 75-B dragline

  49. #49Greg2011-06-02 00:13

    Big Norwest Engineering cable type shovel to feed an early Cedar Rapids crusher the way they used to do it before big hydraulic end loaders were in existence.

  50. #50JS580SL2011-06-06 22:54

    580B and D, 922 cat loader, and a 225 just to play around with at the vacation home......

  51. #51renaud2011-12-04 22:29

    'Here it goes........ -Cat 245 excavator(early model) -Koehring 1066 excavator(Actually, any Koehring excavator would be nice; but i prefer the bigger ones....) -Link-Belt LS7400 excavator -Michigan 475A or B loader -Terex 72-71 loader -Fiat-Allis HD31 dozer -Cat dozer, D8K, D8L, D9H or D9L -Ray-Go packer On a more realistic note, should i ever win the lottery, i would simply go machine hunting and try to get whatever turns me on-quite often, whoever wons those old machines really like them and won't get rid of them. Theire is a bit of interresting machines around here, lots of old loaders, mainly Michigan(most of them still being used on snow removal) but also Fit-Allis, Trojan, Hough and of course Cat.Quite a bit of old graders as well. Max.

  52. #52invisabledog2012-01-08 16:44

    I'd restore my 955H and 212 grader and buy a D8.

  53. #53lowbed driver2012-02-15 20:00

    With a couple hundred million the first thing I would do is build a shop and covered area to park things. Then I would get a 977L and a 951preferably late production runs. A 953 would also be on the list.I would then rig the 977 out with bucket,forks and a V-plow. I would also buy the D6C I spent many an hour on and restore it. Then a new tractor with a 20-25 ton picker with 60-70 ft of boom and a goose neck style tilt deck to pull a new Cat 305.As well as a low bed and hi-boy. Man i like dreams. Stew

  54. #54coorecat2012-02-15 22:43

    The first excavator I ever ran a late 80's Komatsu PC 400 similar to this one

  55. #55D&GExcavating2012-02-24 15:44

    Cat DD9G Cat D8L or D9L Cat 988B Cat 375L Cat 666

  56. #56farmdozer652012-02-26 16:57

    Just joined the heavy equipment forums.

  57. #57PeteNZ2012-02-27 01:38

    Threr is a nice big old dragline that I saw on a trip a few years ago, I would like to have as a lawn ornament, it would take up most of the front lawn, but hey that would be a bit less to mow, will post a pick when site alows me to do so.

  58. #58iceberg2102012-02-27 16:58

    Let's face it you need one of everything don't you? *** Backhoe:John Deere 310E 4x4 Extendahoe Backhoe Crawler Loader: International TD-62 (already got this one albeit it needs some work (only turns left ***)) Dozer: International TD7 with a winch. Full Sized Excavator: John Deere 90 series, either a 690D LC (the only frustrating thing about that machine is it's a bit big for what I'd use it for) so probably a 490D. Or an old International Yumbo model. Honestly with an excavator I wouldn't be the least bit picky! It's my favorite type of equipment, you wouldn't see me complaining whatever I had.... Grader: Huber D1400 (Already got this one too. AND LOVE IT!) Skid Steer: Case 1845C Wheel Loader: Allis Chalmers TL12 (Already got this one )

  59. #59Jdigger41302012-02-28 23:58

    Triple 6, D9G Fully dressed , D8H(s) , Really any push pull scrapers, Big Skagit yarder(s) Pacific or Hays/or KW off highway trucks and anything w a souped up 275 Cummins w A 5x4 tranny!!!! For starters! But really anything built before 1970 out of steel that ran on diesel or steam!!!!

  60. #60td9clyde2013-02-03 10:24

    I only wish for one and already have one It would be wishing for a TC-12 and getting it operational and dig a big pond and having the ol c-6 Euclid all fixed up in new condition with the Garwood ecf6 cable front blade control.....and I am 36 and have a long way to go

  61. #61td9clyde2013-02-05 19:28

    Oh and I forgot 6 sets of new 9 inch pitch sprockets and 3 sets of 8 inch pitch sprockets and new terex rollers for 2 82-30's and a C-6

  62. #62glenlunberg2013-08-26 21:50

    My dream machines are 922 cat loader, T800 Kenworth truck, Mack titan truck and a Cat D4D

  63. #63jamby2013-10-01 21:17

    A Washington Iron Works steam donkey.

  64. #64580bruce2013-10-01 23:02

    A mint pc-150-5,pulled behind sweet B-mack on a short lowboy!

  65. #65JGibson2014-12-24 16:05

    Link Belt LS-2800C ll Case 1845C Cat D6H International 3964 Bucyrus Erie 10B (Drag Line) Deere 570B Screenplant Euclid R12 Kobelco LK600 and thats not including the new stuff lol

  66. #66gladiatore2014-12-25 17:41

    for me a D575A Komatsu

  67. #67D6 Merv2015-01-02 22:35

    Big bit of dirt, with a big shed, and the magical 5 ton skyhook :notworthy toys to put in it late D8H D7G A brand new HD6E A Northwest dragline, don,t know my arm from my rse about draglines, but something about 22 ton :drinkup and of course a crawler hauler, an old autocar, always thought they looked neat ! 1693TA power :notworthy