Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dream machine

roadbuilder6 ยท 2012-03-11 12:15

So what is everbodys dream machine? Mine is a cat325dl road builder with a progressive hydraulic thumb, quick coupler, control pattern changer and thumb control on the joy stick

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies22
  1. #1Colorado Digger2012-03-11 12:17

    look at dblott's post in the forestry section.. he already has one

  2. #2joispoi2012-03-11 16:39

    Watch this video and tell me if you want to add anything to your wish list. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70TPvuJ8pTY&feature=related

  3. #3tuney4432012-03-11 16:50

    That young blond in the background who walked by.

  4. #4roadbuilder62012-03-11 17:46

    yeah i saw it

  5. #5dblott2012-03-11 22:37

    I have the hydralics to run that attachment. Might have to change the coupler though... the plate compactors...

  6. #6roadbuilder62012-03-12 06:49

    Lol

  7. #7joispoi2012-03-12 08:16

    wearing a white jacket at 2:12? That coupler is slicker than snot on a door knob. The hydraulic quick connects are integrated. No more exposed hydraulic lines to snag and no more getting out of the cab to connect hoses. The downside is that there doesn't seem to be an excuse to get out of the cab and stretch your legs.

  8. #8roadbuilder62012-03-12 09:26

    Wouldnt it be cool if cat brought back the 5110

  9. #9dblott2012-03-12 22:27

    It is slick alright. I'd run it off my hammer circut, but I'm thinking we'd have to weld my quick coupler side plates to the little hoe's counter weight.... It was an interesting video, but can anyone tell me how to get them to completly load then play? I got it in 6 second increments.

  10. #10JDOFMEMI2012-03-13 01:36

    dblott Sounds like you have a slow connection. When it starts to load, hit pause and do something else for a little bit until the status bar is mostly accross the bottom, then hit play. I usually have several windows open, so I read a different page while I wait for a video to load. Spoiled at home now with Fios. It lods as fast as it plays, most times, but that is a new development for me.

  11. #11roadbuilder62012-03-13 07:40

    Put the quality down on to 240 and it will load much quicker

  12. #12dblott2012-03-17 00:47

    Thanks. I'll have to give the tips a try. Power has been off since about 3am Tues. so I have alot of catching up to do.

  13. #13Captain_Kiwi2012-03-22 08:27

    My dream is an artic hauler with Recaro seat, harman kardon music and yellow tinted cab windows. Chrome spinners by default lol

  14. #14Dozerboy2012-03-22 14:36

    I don't have just one. I love doing all kinds of things with equipment 2 things for sure it needs a closed cab and a radio.

  15. #15dblott2012-03-23 09:57

    Consider upgrading that dream? May I recommend an air-ride seat and a cd player in that radio? Need those tunes in those deep dark canyons that radio signals just don't bounce into.

  16. #16Dozerboy2012-03-23 19:45

    Whats a CD? Do they even make those still? Heck if its a dream Ipod jack and XM.

  17. #17Ross2012-03-23 23:23

    Toss up between a 992K & D11T Reason: They dont break down that often. They do have problems but don't often BREAK!

  18. #18caterpillarmech2012-03-24 08:59

    While were asking, I'd take a new twin screw pete with a 14' bed and a 14,000 lb crane. Air ride, good radio, and do they make an automatic that big? Oh and chromed to the gills with dual stacks!

  19. #19Dualie2012-03-24 14:53

    only a 14' er? i would want atleast an 18' bed on a twin screw maybe a 22'

  20. #20caterpillarmech2012-03-25 08:51

    While were at it put a sleeper on the cab as well!

  21. #21dblott2012-03-26 23:13

    LOL The aux input jack is there. Good call. Funny that my wife said the same thing."Get an Ipod".

  22. #22dblott2012-03-26 23:25

    caterpillarmech, Now THAT'S a nice service truck! We're rollin' now!