Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dream Machines Post Your (Photos)

SeaMac · 2012-06-25 22:18

Okay, I'll admit somewhat the diversion but if money weren't an issue what would be your "ultimate" equipment fleet? I know I've talked some smack about CAT but at the end of the day they are my preference in equipment, had it not been for getting burned real bad by the local dealer it's all I would purchase. The following machines are what I would consider the best for my purposes and would handily deal with whatever I could throw their way. Let's see what would be your Dream or Ultimate Equipment Fleet CAT 320E LRR & CAT CT660 Tri-axle w/Rogers Millenium II Dump Body CAT 938K CAT D5K2 w/Accugrade GPS Trail King TKT50, 25t Hydraulic Tilt, Tri-axle Trailer

Replies14
  1. #1KW850&T800H2012-06-26 00:07

    I want trucks! I've just always wanted a simple Kenworth T800 logging truck, preferably tridrive but a jeep logger would be great too. A nice lit up wrecker! And also a nice belly dump with a rreal truck hooked up to her! There is a lot more but that's another post (when they actually come to mind :tong

  2. #2KW850&T800H2012-06-26 00:21

    And as for equipment I"ve wanted some 54 series JD loggers, they're built tough! Photos that I can't find/upload are Cat D6T XW (with forest service guarding) Hitachi Zaxis Forester ZX370-3 And a Madill 3800C I can only wish! And as you can see, I like :canada forestry! I'm VERY INTERESTED to see how this thread will go!

  3. #3SeaMac2012-06-26 22:04

    Yep, Those are nice trucks and machines ifin' you're all about loggin' which it appears y'are. We've got more asphalt, concrete, strip malls and hi-rises than trees 'round here, would be nice having more trees but then again a hurricane is quicker and more effective at felling, delimbing and debarking than any machine I've seen. Now, if we could only get a hurricane to stack 'em neatly on the platform we'd be doin' sumpin' wouldn't we? :bouncegri

  4. #4KW850&T800H2012-06-26 22:07

    Hah! You're right on the mark there! If only eh! Well use one of the log loaders there and stack em high! Where abouts is this city like area of yours?

  5. #5SeaMac2012-06-26 22:11

    Greater West Palm Beach, Florida. We're known for the Everglades in South Florida unless you're partial to bull pine, live oak and palmetto's which wouldn't be my choice of wood to do anything with but burn.

  6. #6KW850&T800H2012-06-26 23:02

    Ahhh! All the way down in vacation land Don't worry, I won't bother ya, I'll just go vacation in the mountains where those photos are from with the equipment their of

  7. #7roadbuilder62012-06-27 06:04

    I can't find any pics of it but link belts brand new 235x3, with gaurding, hyd thumb, quick coupler, etc

  8. #8j.r.2012-07-14 14:19

    Seamac, my company just bought a 320e lrr and its pretty sweet. the dealer brought it to the job and i unloaded it with 3.2hrs on it whith the new hoe smell. its runs really well but you have to get used to the new style house with the high rear end. when you look in the mirrors it looks long but it only swings about a foot outside the tracks.

  9. #9Jumbo2012-07-14 15:23

    My dream machine would be a log truck also; however, it would come with a few extras: • A grease genie, so I would not have to grease the truck every Sunday afternoon rain, snow or shine. • Auto start, so I could lie in bed at 2:30 in the morning as the truck warms up and builds air. • An automatic oil and water checker so at 2:30 in the AM I would not have to flip the hood and check both every morning rain, snow, shine…. • A tire chain genie that would throw 6 sets of chains twice a day in the winter and, load them back up on the truck after dropping them • A CB radio that would only allow important conversations eliminating the skip on CH 8 from that CB shop just down the freeway from exit ??? in Iowa. As you can see, this is why it is a dream truck . Paccar; why don’t you get your engineers on these things? My real ride is a 2000 KW long logger,

  10. #10SeaMac2012-07-16 00:36

    Hi j.r. My local CAT dealer informs me the the E Series 314 in LCR configuration will be available for order in August. The 314E LCR's house is a zero-tail-swing machine much more what I am looking for but couldn't find a photo.

  11. #11benblodgett2012-07-17 10:12

    Where do you guys typically go to find your machinery? Do you typically rent or purchase when you are starting a new job?

  12. #12SeaMac2012-07-17 13:43

    If it's a small job short in duration I will rent the machine/s, if a large project long in duration it sometimes is more economical to lease or purchase.

  13. #13benblodgett2012-07-17 15:04

    That makes sense, what are the biggest factors for you when choosing a machine?

  14. #14Taylortractornu2012-07-19 21:28

    FOr the land fill at work I d like a D7E or a at least an850 Deere. Id also like a pull pan for it or a Fruitiger Scrape dozer for getting my cover in the winter timee when its too wet to run scrapers.