Still needs deck but its a 95 .Eagerbeaver sandblasted ,primed and painted.
Very nice pbean, You've got skills!
Good job! Nice attention to detail. What kind of wood decking are you using?
That looks great. You've done a lot of work there. Love the sticker kit and warning labels.
Using oak for the deck .got it on today and just need to finish bolting down and the decal cat was cheap i thought. strait from eager beaver it was $200 and that was dot tape included!!!!
If that included the DOT tape, you got one helluva deal! Rough saw oak is hard to come by nowadays, did you have a hard time finding it?
Nice job!
Now you have me thinking my trailer looks like crap. Thanks, tom
we have amish around southern maryland that run saw mills so its not a problem finding it $205 for all the lumber i was very happy about that.
It's getting harder in my area to find rough cut oak for deck boards. All the timber goes to mills, so you have to find the guy with the backyard sawmill to cut some. The few that are around here do it on the side, so it's hit or miss finding some. $205 is a very good price.
You May also have helped yourself in one other area . I agree with my boss , That good paint helps with D.O.T. cops . He believes that if a cop is sitting looking at stuff going down the road they may leave the good looking stuff alone and grab the shabby looking rig behind you .
I am a believe of that philosophy as well Tiny.
Not around here, they dont want to get dirtty under a shabby looking truck.
Me too, single axle got DOT'd a couple weeks back. Cop said that we run nice stuff and keep it up well! Trailer looks great pbean!
I agree completely might be a little work initialy but i think it pays off in the long run
I got pulled over today and got threatened with up to 20K in DOT fines. My sad honest looks must have helped and he let me roll. But, when he saw me he ran to his car to get me. Bean, we have the same trailer and I paid around $500 for my rough cut just three months ago. I think $2 a board foot or $32 a board, you got a heck of a deal. So, what are your plans for treating the boards? I've heard linseed oil. I had a rental machine leak 5 gallons of hyd. fluid on my boards and I'm tempted to change the oil in my truck and dump the old oil on the boards to hide the spill and future spills and of course treat the wood at the same time. I've never done it before so I'm not sure what to use.
Fastdirt I used linseed oil on my big tag trailer when it was new back in '05. To date I have a couple of boards that need to be replaced that are all original, nothing that makes the trailer non-road worthy, just looks bad. When I first got the trailer, before anything was loaded on it, I put two coats of linseed oil on it and let it set a few days in the sun between coats.
Gonna try something i will let u know what use
Lol, you aren't gonna do what Carl does are you?
Im using it now.So more than likely what u see is what u get lol