I jus bought a Dresser 125E today. It seems like a good tight machine. 4200 hours. I was wonder if there is a serial number lookup for these machines? My serial number is 50001?u009760. Can anyone tell what year this is?
correction: 450001?U009760
Come on somebody on here knows about these things ha!
i will give it a try, look near the left front corner of seat mount, also under the hood near what would be a fire wall on a car or truck, if not found anywhere there try redpowermagazine.com site its mostly cornbinder,hough/dresser,komatsu , fest mahttps:// www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiUjuDmu-D7AhXfHUQIHTGKB78QFnoECB4QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redpowermagazine.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F111197-new-purchase-125e-trac-loader-need-to-locate-serial-no-and-year%2F&usg=AOvVaw2S5pzX1IUcpJy0WElhw1OPchine site its mostly all
I don't have the info on the later model Dresser machines, but being yours is an E series I think it would be 182 or perhaps a little newer. 1982 started with 9003 and yours is a 9760.
It is not a Dresser machine. They were International Harvester in that range as far as I can tell. My sources don't go back that far to be able to nail down the year of manufacture.
1985 model Dresser 125 1974-89 series E WT-19542lbs Bucket-1 3/8yd 6001-1974 6384-1975 6626-1976 6795-1977 6946-1978 7194-1979 7492-1980 7579-1981 9003-1982 9545-1983 9620-1984 9659-1985 IH construction equipment serial numbers & engine xrefs This thread contains IH construction equipment serial number lists and engine cross reference information. Excellent info for ascertaining the year of manufacture of your crawler tractor and the engine it uses, not to mention the other machines that use the same engine. If you have questions abou... www.redpowermagazine.com