I have a 125G track loader and the loader safety bar was not there when I bought it. I was wondering if some one could post a picture of one or a good idea of one I could fabricate. My Finney manual has a picture, but it did not reproduce very well and leaves a lot to the imagination. Thanks
Have had good luck taking heavy wall square 'pipe' not tube cut short of full extend of the cylinders and cutting one wall out with a cold saw, pipe should be large enough to free fit over the ram but small enough to not exceed the cylinder barrel diameter. weld 1/4 to 3/8" plate on each end to have a slot cut out to fit the cylinder ram. Won't damage cylinder end cap bolts and fit snug enough will not just fall away, I use two, one on each side.
Thanks for the information DMiller, I will round up some material and get busy.
When you ready to set up the end plates measure the ram rod on the cylinder, add about 1/8" and buy a decent but not expensive hole saw that size, drill the plates in a drill press prior to weldup. When have all the welding done take the cold saw again and bell mouth the slots into the holes you drilled with the hole saw and smooth all with a file or grinder to rounded edges, trust me on that. When set them on the cylinders at full extend take rubber bungee cord and tie them on just prior to lowering the arms, shut the machine down and check the fit up then and only then try to release the hydraulics pressure in the cylinders to test them for viability, once confirmed they will not roll out then I would trust them.