Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Still looking for a loader

Don k ยท 2015-05-05 18:37

A couple within 75 miles of here on Machinery trader. A 931 and a 935B. What are the good and bad of those besides condition? thanks

Replies8
  1. #1wosama931b2015-05-07 14:23

    The 931 is a good small machine for personal use. The larger 953 is better for large jobs. So what are you looking to do, and how much of a budget for equipment and always the stuff that needs fixing.

  2. #2DMiller2015-05-07 14:45

    Deere units can be dependable, they will be Hydrostat on the later and 700 series units, 555G is a awesome smaller machine with most direct or torque converter drive where the 750 can get into a little hard cash if has Hydro issues but are relatively easy to work with and get parts for. Numerous co-workers and small grade contractors here use Deere.

  3. #3DMiller2015-05-07 16:30

    Went to looking your area on MT, not much to get to within 100 miles and most high priced. Was told by a co-worker in that region of TX when machines get old they get sold to Mexican dealers and shipped out pretty quick so not to set on the yards wasting space.

  4. #4Don k2015-05-07 18:28

    I bought a 931. Seems to be a good machine. It was high priced compared to other parts of the country but like was stated earlier most go to Mexico. But I think it will serve me well for what I need it for. Good engine, tracks, rollers, sprockets and loader. Also got it delivered. Only leak I have discovered is it looks like is the throttle shaft that goes into the govener. Seems to be leaking a little oil. I will probably only put a couple of hundred hours per year on it cleaning out stock ponds and loading the dump truck. Why did I buy it? I am getting up in age and my one hobby is earthmoving equipment. I have a D-7 17-A dozer and cat #70 scraper. A JD 450-C dozer. A AC model D grader. A JD tractor with a bucket and a old ford dump truck. I now think I have enough toys to keep me occupied for my remaining years.

  5. #5denver m farms2015-05-17 21:09

    What year is it, we have had 3 late 70s 931s over the years, I liked them for what they were.

  6. #6Don k2015-05-18 07:51

    Mid 70's,78U2340. Direct injection. Tracks, sprockets, rollers al look good. One new front idler. Bucket good. Good oil pressure on engine and starts easy. No major leaks that I can see. As soon as I got it our drought we have been in the last 10 years has broken so I have not been able to use it. Got it in the shop and been taking panel off and cleaning So far everything looks pretty good for its age.

  7. #7denver m farms2015-05-18 23:17

    That would be just like the ones we had, you've got a good little loader in my opinion.

  8. #8Welder Dave2015-05-18 23:42

    I noticed you mentioned 935 in your original post and not 953. I'm curious what the difference is between a 931 and a 935 because they about the same size?