I didn't know that Dresser had made a rear-engine track loader. I found this on machinery trader - http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6166349&GUID=CFA20AB48B324C27B7F8DDA0C4EA8436 Anyone ever ran one of these?
200 Loader My 1989 brochure shows the 200 with a Turbo D505T engine,bucket capacity of 2.6 Yards & weight around 38 000 LBs.Dump height was 10,3" with the GP bucket.It was a hydrostatic drive machine Komatsu had the D66S rear engine unit in their line up too...you sometimes see them listed at auctions. Jim
Man that is one UGly machine
For some reason this hasn´t become a very famous model. And there is not even an enclosed cab! (probably optional though)
I'll check it out Guys: As some of you know I have been looking for a track loader to use on my farm for a short while. It so happens to be that Monday I will be going to look at that same machine!!!! I've talked extensively with the sales rep and he has agreed to hold it for me until I can make a more carefull inspection and hopefully I can post some pics for the rest of you guys..... hope to talk to you all soon!!!
Once again, HEF is first on the scene! We expect nothing less than a full report and pictures of this rather unique machine.:cool2
:usa hey...........I'll be glad to gather info, and if I end up buying, well I'll give follow ups as to the performance! I know the machine has an 505 CID Cummins engine, nd etc and I suspect it has Sunstrand hydrolic components but as to the accuracy of the hydrolics info I cannot be sure. I know a lot of you guys just went........aw man!!!!! a Cummins????? but I now a lot about the cummins and what to expect from them as my brother used them to repower Oliver and International tractors as well as some Whites. WE have two repowered olivers ourselves and have had only minor issues with them such as starter and alternators. we'll see......i guess.....there is plenty of surprises for all I guess:drinkup
well.........I'm back from Green Bay, my wife and I took a long hard look at the dresser that was offered for sale. It is a very useable machine for the price being asked. First off I would like to say it has a very strong 505 Cummins and it lugs well. the guys at the Cat dealorship said I could try it out on a dirt pile and put it through some paces, to which I enthusiasticly accepted the offer!!! keep in mind that for anyone interested in this machine it is still a good deal! but I will list the things that I found wrong with it which is not completely unrepairable but I just did not have the time to tear it apart this season and still hope to get some use out of it this year yet. First off.....the tracks need work, pads, links and sprockets...if it was my judgement....replace them. hydro seemed it good working order as is the engine but you will need time on the hoses and cylinders.all in all after I got done checking on the replacement parts, a check for the amount of about 10,000.00 should get the loader back up and runningafter that, just a coat of paint, seat cushion and a set of cutting edge segments and your up and digging. As for myself, well I went with the intention of buying this loader to use this fall yet, but it needed more repairs than i had time to fix but really wish I had the money and time to work on it I kind of like the old beast!!!! I ended up buying that same day a 1986 model 953 Cat and hope to see it delivered here soon!! I'll try to get you the pics and etc that I promised last week and hopefully this old Dresser will find a new home! :usa
We have two of them. I'll get some pictures.:usa
And here is one of them.