Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser 530/M10A DT466B injection pump issue/ cutoff solenoid failure

newdesertfox ยท 2026-08-27 01:13

I've got a M10A/dresser 530 wheel loader with a DT466B engine in it thats not running, and I've ultimately tracked it down to the injection pump fuel cutoff solenoid has failed. Its got an AMBAC model 100 injection pump in it, and as far as I can tell these are the cross reference part #s AMBAC Model 100 6A-100A-9555-A8 / 1006A100A9555A8 International/Navistar 691022C91 International/KOMATSU 735002C91 NSN 2910-01-247-9542 24-volt solenoid and the solenoid itself has the numbers LISK S1687 / AMBAC NO. S0 856 24 VDC on it. Supposedly originally according to the manual AMBAC-24V KIT Part #: KT85209 Was the original replacement, but I can't find it reasonably anywhere. The regular 12v DT466 ones that are dime a dozen online for like 100-200 wont work with this from what I can tell. And as far as my research is the part number 687287C1 is the actual Solenoid body that failed but I can't find that either. Does anyone have any idea where I could reasonably source this so I can get the loader back to running? This listing is for an entire pump and looks identical to mine, https://www.ebay.com/itm/267315893956 But I have 0 interest in changing pump out over a dumb solenoid failing. I saw this post on FB from a company that rebuild one that looked identical to mine when they started, but when they were finished rebuilding it it looks like they completely removed the solenoid housing and solenoid itself from the injection pump https://www.facebook.com/FVPdiesel/...rebuild-for-an-international/886779944712506/ Any insight or help would be great, I keep on hitting a wall when it comes to actually finding one and I don't have the background to know what generic part would just work. I even found a parts list on Case for it, but the pump itselfs breakdown was on a different reference page and seemed to be missing from Cases website

Replies2
  1. #1FWD2026-09-01 12:00

    I am probably no help for your issue. I had two different 530's with an IH 414B engine with AMBAC pump. They both had a cable for shutoff. Presently I have a slightly newer 530 with a DT466C engine and this has the Bosch inline pump. it too has a pull cable for shutoff. FWD

  2. #2newdesertfox2026-09-04 13:52

    Yeah, I'd much rather have a cable shutoff, the B engine seems to be one of the few that used the electric solenoid, I found a supply of new ones, but the company wants 1 grand for the solenoid which is simply wild. I contacted one place to ask about if could convert over to a cable system but Im not to sure that will work, so also reached out to some factories in china just to see what it would cost to have some made over there if thats something that can even be done