Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser 530C/ IH M10A Wheel Loader Info Needed

BodyMassage ยท 2025-02-10 15:37

Hello all, We recently acquired a IH M10A wheel loader to move pipe and structures around on a job site. It being a military vehicle, I was able to hunt down the military documentation for it through archives. It will work just fine as a service manual but lacks fluids, capacities, level check procedures, etc. like you would get in a operators manual. There is a plate on the machine that gives fluid specifications but no capacities again. Came to find out that the M10A is essentially a Dresser 530C pay loader. Poking around, there is a operators manual on Ebay for a 530C but wanted to check here first to see if there were any other suggestions or recommendations first. It's a 81' International with the 466 engine. I attached pictures of the data plates. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance! Chris W

Replies8
  1. #1FWD2025-02-11 09:34

    The 530C would have the 505 cubic inch or 8,1 litre Cummins engine. The 530C came out in 1987.I would think, other than the engine, the rest of the lubricants would be the same or very close. FWD

  2. #2BodyMassage2025-02-11 12:06

    Hey FWD, Thanks for that info! I read that the 530 had a DT414 in it. Do you know if they updated the engine in the later productions of that model or would that have been in the 530B model? But good to know that the specs and quantities should be same or close. 530 manuals seem easier to come across then the C model. Chris W

  3. #3MarcusZ19672025-02-11 12:42

    Here is your lube book.

  4. #4BodyMassage2025-02-11 13:51

    Thanks Marcus, greatly appreciated!

  5. #5FWD2025-02-11 14:04

    The earlier 530's had the DT414 engine and the later 530's until the 530C's came had the 466 engine. I don't believe any were called 530B's though. I don't know the SN break numbers between usig the 414 vs the 466, though I believe it is about the 1985 models. I have SN 3107 which is a 1985 and has the 466 engine. I had two older 530's that both had 414's. The 414 and 466 are very close in horsepower for this application. FWD

  6. #6BodyMassage2025-02-11 15:01

    Interesting. This why I figured I'd ask because I'm deep in the 530 rabbit hole now. lol Based on the data tags on the machine I thought it was a 81'. Then going by the start of the engine serial which is 467 I came across this ( https://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/topic/45521-467-block/ ) which claims it basically is a 466 with some updates. When I can get to the machine I'll have to make sure the engine tags match up. Also I'm not to sure about the B models. I just saw a few come up on auction sites tho most still seem to be the 530 or 530C's.

  7. #7FWD2025-02-11 15:39

    A DT466B engine will have a DT467 model on the block A DT466C, which I have, will have a DT468 on the block. Their are ninor differences. FWD

  8. #8MarcusZ19672025-02-11 19:46

    A little history in the IH DT466. DT466 Diesel Engine: The Navistar International Legend DT466 Diesel Engine: The Navistar International Legend The DT466 legend crosses into the industrial, agricultural, and truck realms. www.dieselworldmag.com