Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser Dozers TD-15 E Any Good ?

Mtracks · 2018-01-04 14:07

Looking for input on Dresser Dozer the good and Bad Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1td15c2018-01-04 16:58

    The 15e is a good solid dozed had two speed steering and 3 speed powershift trans. Early models had 466 ih late models had 505 Cummins both good motors. You can still get undercarriage. Parts are a little harder to find but are still available. There is little to no dialer support left dresser is now dressta witch is now owned by a Chinese company called liugong.

  2. #2John C.2018-01-04 22:34

    If it is like the 12 the drive train is basically the same as it was twenty five years ago. Torque converter and power shift transmission were very good in those years but now days a hydrostatic machine is what the operators want. The joystick steering lever on the machine only activates the steering clutches/brakes and the machines are jerky. In this area there are a couple people who got the machines cheap and then tried to trade them in four years later because they were barely used. No one would offer anything on trade for them.

  3. #3JimP2018-01-04 22:39

    You may be able to get some parts from Komatsu dealers. Winmill Equipment in VT/NH is also a Dressta (formerly Dresser) dealer and may be able to give input.

  4. #4Mtracks2018-02-02 11:21

    Thanks for the imput, I past on the TD-15. I just put a deposit on a 1984 JD 750 with almost new uc . Any thoughts on the 750 ? Thanks

  5. #5maquinariawiebe2018-02-06 12:15

    I was trying to find an undercarriage for a International TD20. At the end I did up finding some new options here and there but sure took a long time to find.

  6. #6hseII2026-05-07 10:14

    Old Thread Alert- I bet this fellow wished he’d bought the TD15E over the JD750.