Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser equipment

barklee ยท 2010-02-11 10:15

Does anyone know what happened to Dresser? Something tells me they were bought out, they made good solid stuff. Any info would be great.

Replies17
  1. #1alco2010-02-11 13:16

    Dresser was in a joint venture with Komatsu and the line ended up becoming a company called Dressta. I believe this happened when the joint venture ended, but I could be wrong about that.

  2. #2MrKomatsu2010-02-11 15:58

    AS Alco stated ...Komatsu bought the dresser line and when the Parts dept could not sell parts...(because dresser was a solid machine) they split apart...thus forming Dressta....

  3. #3carogator2010-02-11 19:44

    after Komatsu got them, you couldn't afford to buy the parts.

  4. #4John C.2010-02-11 20:04

    Komatsu and International were joint partners making Houghs in Japan for the Asian market. International got in financial trouble in the late eighties and sold the construction line out to Dresser. Dresser formed a joint partnership with Komatsu in the US shortly thereafter which lasted about a year when Komatsu purchased the whole enterprise. The manufacturing of the Dresser line, dozers I think, was moved to Poland while some of the old Dresser line was merged into the Komatsu line, many wheel loader designs. At any rate the story I got was that the people in Poland thought they could do a better job of marketing than Komatsu and somehow managed to get the right to put their product line in the US with their own network. I don't hear much of them in this territory anymore. I do end up looking at a few old International and Dresser dozers now and then.

  5. #5SterlingR2010-02-12 11:55

    John C is very close to what happened. Poland actually started assembling machines back in the 70's for I.H. Currently today 40-50% of parts are supplied from the US and shipped over for production.

  6. #6ditchdiggerjcf2010-02-13 20:28

    dressta is still going. the small dozers have alot of the qualities of the older IH dozers. Nice machines

  7. #7barklee2010-02-13 21:27

    Thanks for the info. I friend here in town has an old wheel loader and dozer. I asked him why he didnt update them, becase he uses them regularly. He said he would like to but they just wont die! No sense in replacing something that still runs fine.

  8. #8KennyT2010-02-17 16:12

    '98 510c Looking for owner/operator manual and service manual. Also trying to locate all fenders and both side mirrors with brackets. Anything you have may help. Thanks :notworthy

  9. #9Buckethead2010-02-18 00:00

    Komatsu made Bucyrus-Erie cranes and trackhoes in Japan as well.

  10. #10DMiller2010-02-22 08:15

    Are parts for the older Dresser machines still available and if yes through whom? I have a 175 loader available for purchase I have looked over pretty well, it needs pins and drive sprockets.

  11. #11DMiller2010-02-24 15:33

    The main items I am looking to buy are chains, rollers and drive sprockets, are these available through a used supplier either?

  12. #12flashpuppy2010-02-24 16:51

    http://www.rolandmachinery.com/foxcape/rmc.htm The will get whatever parts you need.

  13. #13DMiller2010-02-25 21:15

    Thanks flashpuppy, I have found them through Dressta, and have put in a search/price lookup through them to see if the machine is worth the repairs.

  14. #14V16CatMetKanick2010-06-17 23:46

    Dressta is now its own company again. Komatsu dropped them last year when sales were down and couldnt affordto keep that line going. Dressta still makes equipment over in Poland and up in Canada.

  15. #15ScottAR2010-06-18 16:47

    Anyone know anything about Dresser excavators? There's one for sale nearby and I know nothing about them. It's a low price machine with around 4,500hrs. If they had mostly generic components, could be a good buy.

  16. #16hillbillytoo2010-09-15 10:15

    td8h any thought or opinions on td8h dozer

  17. #17KeeslerIron2011-02-10 08:41

    Hello, Is Anyone familiar with the TD15C, Powershift with the hydraulically controlled setup. I have a a TD15C and it only has low speed in forward. Reverse functions in both speeds high and low. I watch the clutch pressure guage and with each shift it drops a little and then goes back up showing that the tractor is making a shift. The guage does not move when I shift into high gear forwards. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks