Hello from Granada in Spain. We need help with information. A Dresser Motor Grader S/N G580 002U100663. ?????? With transmission troubles: Model 1251970H91 Specs: 12607A Serie: 8810002594 I understand that above case is a FUNK type of transmission assembly. We are looking for a rebuild or repair kit. Lower **** output gear tooth broken Also, we would like to have a copy of above transmission parts catalog. Your assistance most appreciated. Best regards. DL
I only know that Komatsu took over the Dresser grader, maybe they have parts for the older ones too?
Anything Funk here in the states is expensive and getting harder to come by, especially older stuff. We've had two rebuilt lately and good grief they were high. Lead time on a full reman trans was like 6 months. When you do find parts they're sky high. I approved two invoices for Funk rebuilds in the neighborhood of $70k combined total.....
This is our dilemma, we have a Dresser motor grader with damaged transmission (broken pinion) and as I understand the radio is different? Normally there would be 58 teeth pinion and our gear has 60 teeth, which complicates the situation more. FUNK now it belongs to John Deere? I think we will have to manufacturer a new pinion here in Epaña.
What kind of equipment were those in? I've heard horror stories on the C series JD blades when it comes to cost of transmission rebuilds...........
Watson drill rigs. All they do is drive the drilling part of things. They're crawler mounted units. Trans on back of motor powers a driveline which in turn drives the rotary. Hydraulic pumps run off the back of the trans. I think it's one of those things that people used as they were easy to get, reasonably priced initially and then JD decided to make parts scarce and things interesting.....
What is the rough vintage and actual model of the machine? My curiosity has been piqued, since I've got a pair of these machines I should probably get a handle on this end of them. I see some used transmissions and parts out there, if I can figure out a little more about your machine I'll dig into this a little. I'm curious based on the S/N if this is a North American market machine or something that was made for a different market which would really influence your options.
FUNK transmission is mounted in a Dresser/Galion Motor Grader. S/N G850002U100663 Machine is in GUADIX, (Granada) Spain. At present in our work shop for repair, parts we should find it in the USA. Those parts are little bit costly but affordable. The parcel with broken gear and the gasket & seal kit it’s on its way to us.
FUNK Transmission gear with 60T damaged teeth.
Dear Colleagues: To conclude this Dresser transmission matter plenty of troubles, we have found the solution and got all necessary parts from a very professional partner in Dallas, Texas. Thanks to: CIA Machinery Inc. We have had a damaged gear, and require rebuilding the Funk Transmission. We will put our Dresser/ Galion Motor-Grader bac to work this week. We should thank our good friends as well from Jade Equipment in Ontario Canada, for their unconditional support. Thanks to all. DL
For Champion/Volvo Motor Graders issues, please to contact Jade Equipment: http://www.jadeequipment.com For Galon equiped with Funk Transmission, please to contact CIA Machinery Inc.: http://www.ciamachinery.com Thanks DL
We have qty 6 YZ19499 Funk transmissions that have been discontinued. Our customer left us hanging years ago. Let me know if anyone has a need or a company that might be interested.
Remember Weller Tractor Spares in Kansas for your Dresser parts.
I'm interested in that transmission LUCAS SANGUINERI ROAD PARTS S.R.L. [email protected] Tel. +54 11 4750-5839 / 0660 WhatsApp: +54 9 11 3507-7082
I'm interested in that transmission Please, if you still have them available, could you send me some photos by e-mail or WhatsApp? LUCAS SANGUINERI ROAD PARTS S.R.L. [email protected] Tel. +54 11 4750-5839 / 0660 WhatsApp: +54 9 11 3507-7082