Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser TD-15B help?

mitch504 ยท 2011-06-20 23:47

I went out to a customer's recreational property last week and saw an absolutely beautiful TD-15B. It has perfect paint everywhere but on the exhaust manifold, even on the cutting edges. The pads, sprockets and rails are brand new and unused, and the rollers seem to be also. It even has new seat cushions. It looks like you could jump on and push something, if it weren't for the trees growing up through the C-frame.:cool2 It was sitting there when he bought the property 2 years ago. He wants me to see if I can start it, so I said I would bring a couple of batteries out this week and see what happened. He wants to sell it, or he may keep it, once he uses it. I might get it cheap, but it would have to be cheap for me to buy a small, straight blade machine that doesn't even have tilt. On second thought, would a 15B be a Dresser?(never mind, I can look that up at the office). Anyway, back on track, the last time I touched a TD-anything was back in the 80's, when I had to start an old start-on-gas,run-on-diesel, IH every morning, for the "operator". Anybody know anything to watch out for, or do, when starting this one? I'm sure I can figure it out, but it never hurts to ask.

Replies2
  1. #1boone2011-06-21 09:54

    Nice! Sounds like somebody put some major money into that machine. Kinda makes me wonder if it's in that good a shape and was left out to dry if something went wrong with it. Don't know, strange things can happen and you may have scored yourself a cool piece of equipment. Let us know how it goes!

  2. #2PCSHAY2011-06-21 19:19

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMJqS8KPWuw might help