Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser td-20 b series

Dirty530 · 2021-07-12 00:38

So the opportunity came.. After owning two 450 sized dozers (70s case 450c 2000s 450h jd) the right dozer with more importantly the right price came around.. Making my shop and everything else i own look small I came into a Dresser td20b, I literly know nothing on this machine.. I ran a td25 dozer about 25 years ago with my dad but thats it really.. Anyone know where I can find some .pdf s for this giant chunk of iron? Both the 450s have some decent amount of text to wade threw all over the web but I seem to come up short with the td20... It might sound bad owning bigger iron and trying to go cheap on service manuals but I threw everything and the kitchen sink at this thing to bring it home.. I'm compitant enough to dig threw it slowly and figure **** out.. But a manual or two would surely speed that up and get me closer to moving big kid sand box amount of muck.... TIA

Replies12
  1. #1Vetech632021-07-12 08:01

    Komatsu owns Dresser now. Have you tried the local dealer for info yet? Its a long shot but maybe you will get lucky.

  2. #2boone2021-07-12 09:35

    Don't know about any pdfs available. Binderbooks and probably Jensales has what you need if you decide to spring for it. https://www.binderbooks.com/bb-iss-td20bset.html

  3. #3John C.2021-07-12 10:21

    Probably the best place to ask technical questions is Red Power Magazine. http://redpowermagazine.com I think you can search the forums there for TD20 and find much of what you need to know.

  4. #4Dave Neubert2021-07-12 20:53

    Ebay is best for getting manuals

  5. #5Dirty5302021-07-13 00:46

    Was hopeful to find a downloadable version not a hard copy right yet Dave, best bet is a hard copy tho?

  6. #6davo7272021-07-13 20:28

    Can you post a pic of the big ol girl?

  7. #7.RC.2021-07-13 20:38

    I thought a B series would be an International, not a Dresser.

  8. #8Dirty5302021-07-14 17:47

    Its a late model b... Has the Dt engine with the cab controlls of a early c series

  9. #9John C.2021-07-14 20:47

    Machines past an E series were International. E series came out in 1980 or 1981. Dresser took over in early 2000s for a year or so. I don’t know if the model series was still at E or not at that time. Then came Komatsu. The big dozers carried the Dresser name even after.

  10. #10Dirty5302021-07-14 21:04

    Cool didnt know this. It has dresser on the hood In paint not stickers.. Looked good from afar but it also has a clear as day rattlecan makeover.. I'll grab some pictures here soon.. Kinda hesitant because I have already tore into it

  11. #11R.D.G0132021-07-15 06:49

    A 20 B would be IH, as were the C and E series, later ones were Dresser and later became known as Dressta and made in Poland nowadays but I think are Chinese owned

  12. #12Dirty5302021-07-15 17:37

    Yeah everything else sports the large IH logo.. Fuel cap, grill, drive sprockets ect. It almost seems the hood was robbed of something else...