Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser TD12C Track Tensioner

landsalesman ยท 2018-01-22 15:15

Hi All, Can someone please tell me the procedure to change the track tensioner on the right side of a Dresser TD12C. It has rock guards on it as well. Do I have to break the track to get to it? If so what is the best way to do it? I do not have a manual for this machine and a copy of the procedure from a manual would be greatly appreciated. It will tighten somewhat with the grease gun but will not hold the tension. I expect the cylinder needs rebuilt. I live in Eastern Oklahoma and could sure take you fishing for your info. Thanks for reading

Replies2
  1. #1John C.2018-01-22 22:32

    Is the grease fitting under a cover right behind the idler? I can't remember if they are like the TD7,8,9 or like the TD15. You will have to break the track in order to get the cylinder out.

  2. #2DK882018-01-24 20:01

    fitting for the adjuster is right behind the front carrier roller. gotta split the track. you may need a chunk of threaded rod to go down the barelll to thread in to the piston to pull it out. should be 3/8 can also pump it out with grease. i dont advise using air as its very dangerous.