Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser TD15C Transmission Issue

KeeslerIron · 2011-02-10 14:04

Hello, Is Anyone familiar with the TD15C, Powershift with the hydraulically controlled setup. I have a a TD15C and it only has low speed in forward. Reverse functions in both speeds high and low. I watch the clutch pressure guage and with each shift it drops a little and then goes back up showing that the tractor is making a shift. The guage does not move when I shift into high gear forwards. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1td15c2011-02-10 22:01

    best case it could be a stuck range selector spool that needs cleaned or has a broken spring. Worst case it is in the trans.

  2. #2td15c2011-02-11 17:38

    Ok I am not vary good at wrighting but let’s give it a shot. The range selector spool valves are under the seat on top off the trans. If you pull up the floor plates and look next to where the steering levers are attached you will see a flat plate with 8 bolts I think there 3/8 bolts the plate would measure something like 2’’x 8’’ inches. Under that plate there are three spools one is forward speed selector one is revs speed selector the last is lockout. Take the plate off and look at spools see if they are all in the same position or is one hung up. The two speed selector spools will look the same the lock out will be different. The problem will be in your forward speed selector spool

  3. #3KeeslerIron2011-02-11 19:51

    Thanks to all for the help....very much appreciated. After a day of T'ing in and taking pressures i finally found that the last guy who owned the tractor was dangerous with a wrench. He must have had the shift selector valve off and when he put it back on swapped the lube pressure line and the 2nd speed forward line. Swapped them and we are back in business. Once again I really appreciate the help. Been around a few of these old girls I am taking it??

  4. #4td15c2011-02-11 20:31

    glad you found the problem it’s a real bitch to find somebody else’s screw-ups . sounds like the problem was in the range selector just not the way I thought it would be

  5. #5hamid2011-08-08 13:57

    TD 15c helo . you mean gear 1and 2 or anoder gear . TD 15 c have torq conventor for high low speed