Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser TD20G

ligons ยท 2009-12-14 13:51

I'm looking for information on the referenced machine. I've found one that I'm interested in buying but I can't find any information on this particular model regarding its general reputation for problems and/or good service. In addition, if anybody can give me info. from which I can determine if this machine is fairly priced, I would appreciate it. I'm located in the midwest and I'm having trouble figuring out what the market is on this dozer. I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks.

Replies5
  1. #1RonG2009-12-14 14:48

    You might try the RedPower board,they have some pretty savvy members on the older IH/Dresser/Dressta stuff.You will have to join but it is free.Ron G http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums//index.php

  2. #2clansing12009-12-14 19:27

    Dresser TD-20G The Td-20 Series from International/Dresser is a very good machine in my opinion. We current have several TD-20G's and one TD-20E. We've had a couple of TD-20C's and another TD-20E which we have all sold to upgrade to the G. The Td-20G was first made in 1986 I believe, and this is when they converted to the Cummins L-10 Engine. Most of these motors can run for 8-10K hours. The machine weighs about 53,000 lbs. and has about 225 HP. We have paid anywhere from $27k to $45K for these machines, depending on the machine hours, condition of the undercarriage, and condition/hours on the transmission and engine. Our oldest machine is an 1987 and the newest is an 1993.

  3. #3BC BOY2010-01-15 16:20

    I ran a 20-G on and off for a couple years, and it seemed to be good machine. Started great in cold weather, had tons of power, mebe to much for weight. Not a bad cab, but a bit loud inside, good 2 speed steering system. The only thing I really disliked about it was the blade and ripper controls were to far, felt like you were rowing a boat.

  4. #4MrKomatsu2010-01-15 17:09

    the dresser dozers rock.....they last for ever...thats why when komatsu bought the line they had to made a few changes so they could sell parts....good machine..

  5. #5BC BOY2010-01-17 00:33

    i was looking at a d-87 komatsu a while back, and noticed that they were a td-20. strange???