i am looking to buy a td7b dresser Anyone can tell me tge nlmfg years of those? This is Korean made The serial number appears to be 902K5Z99 Tge tag says weight is 22,000 lbs (which i find hard to believe) Any help appreciated Thanks Stacy Whetzell
I'm not familiar with the Korean made TD7's but a quick search tells me the American made TD7 weighs 14,200 which sounds right because they are the approx.size of a Deere 450E which I have and that's nearly what it weighs.
That same search also tells me the TD7C's which is what spec I got the above info for was made between 1969 and 1973 so the B model was likely a little before that.
And welcome to HEF!
I've never heard of a TD-7B, and I can find no reference to any such machine in any book, or on the internet - not even on eBay. I understand Dresser did carry out some manufacturing in Korea, but I have never seen a Korean-built Dresser product. There was a TD-7 model, then there was the TD-7C, TD-7E, TD-7G and TD-7H. Photos of the tractor would be useful, and especially a photo of the ID tag.
I read in a book called Payline by Oscar H Will III that there was a British built crawler TD8-B, 100B, and 125B, but says nothing about TD7B. I know a guy that had a TD7 built in Korea. I don't know what series it was though. FWD
I went and looked st the td7"B". As can be seen in pic, owner made a mistake. The letter is a G. It was made in Korea per the tag It had a leak in a large hydraulic hose going to or from a filter to pump. Hy fluid showed bubbly - so probably sucking air Woukd not spin a track only right sterering worked. Price was maybe right (8000), had it been able to push and steer Blade had more play in it than ive ever seen. I figured inside was as worn out as outside, so i walked away. I could probably have bought it for 5 or 6 , but not wanting to work on such a worn out pos, even if free. Thabks all Stacy whetzell
I don't blame you! FWD
Smart move, if the seller couldn't even get the model number right he probably had done much maintenance/repairs to it.
Thanks guys. This is such a good forum