Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser TD7G

las_machine · 2017-10-30 23:54

I recently bought a mid 80s TD7G which from what I've read originally came with the old IH diesel, this one has been re powered with a 4bt Cummins. It runs good after going through it servicing it, adjusting brakes and rebuilding track tensioner has been good machine so far. There are two more things I'd like to fix and keep coming up with nothing online. The control valve linkages are excessively sloppy. I was told they sell or sold a pin and bushing kit to rebuild the linkage on the control valve. Has anyone ever done this or recommend how to repair it if parts are not available? Also the blade seems to be a little sloppy, id like to replace pins and bushings, haven't really looked at it too close on what is involved in that. Any comments, info or tips on these machines would be appreciated, this is my first dozer I've ever owned or ran. Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1Brandon_M2017-10-31 21:53

    As far as your for your blade control can be replaced with all thread & tie rod ends off a older cub cadet riding mower. I’ve got a td8g & had to replace the linkages on mine & that’s what I found that works.