Hey guys I have a td7g and it’s been sitting for a while, like years, fluid was empty. Started to work on it adjusting the clutches and brakes and fresh fluids and filters. Now it runs and works but the clutch pressure varies from just below the green to about 1/4” lower and it clogs the filter and the minder gets in the red. This happened a few times after only a few hours of use. The fresh fluid is getting darker and a dark black slime is on the tip of the dip stick once it sits. So why is the pressure not right, why is it dropping and why is the filter getting clogged so often? I have replaced a few lines and filters several times, pulled off the trans spool valve manifold and rebuilt it, no leaks all is working. Just low pressure. Steers great when pressure is good shifting and converter are solid shifting and working, soon as it drops it feels like slipping, but confirmed it’s the converter slipping not the transmission side. I’m thinking either a steering internal leak or a pump that’s worn? Any help would be appreciated
No replies yet.