I have a D4C series 2, 1992 s/n 7KG00699 with single control for throttle and transmission(power shift). I cannot find a parts list. All the lists I can find on Caterpillars SIS or Vision link website shows the separate controls. Any help would be appreciated. In particular I'm looking for the part the keeps the throttle constant at a given position rather than returning to idle. The dual control has a simple friction disk. The single control has an interesting mechanism that jams a pin against the case.
Can you post a better photo of the transmission/governor control lever and explain how it works on your particular machine please. I agree with you, under 7KG nothing appears other than a 2-lever control setup. May have to look elsewhere.......
Nige thanks for the reply. Attached are pictures of the control lever and mechanism to hold. I think this was a custom arrangement for a logging cat. FWIW the arrangement number for the machine is 8Y5008. This hold feature was not functioning so I dissembled and lubricated the mechanism. It's now working however it appears there's a place for a spring to push against the pall. It's fine as is but would like to know if that a spring should be present. Governor is controlled by twisting the knob.
I think this is what you are looking for. It's listed as an attachment but only appears for D4B not C models.
Nige yes that's it. Thanks for tracking that down. It does list a spring (32) 5H-7152 that's available and cost $4.36.
I saw that arrangement on a D4B once.