After I work the Dozer for a few hours, it starts feeling like the a auto car would with low tranny fluid. The gauges show everything is plenty cool enough. It is still revving up fine. The machine doesn't get a whole lot of work in general, but has hit at about 2 1/2 hours of woods road building the last 3 times now. It hits kind of all at once too without any warning save one time it seemed to happen in revers a couple of minutes before forward. It might do it that way every time, but reverse doesn't get worked as hard as forward so I didn't notice it. It will let me drive it back to the parking spot, but work is pretty much over. What do I need to look for?
I am new to dozers so I won't be any help. But when I started looking for my first one last spring several people told me that if I find one I like I should try and work it long and hard enough to get the transmission oil well warmed up because many drive train problems don't show up until then. I don't know why or if this has any thing to do with your problem. I ended up buying a TD7G which I also use for woods roads. So I will be interested in following along here when someone more knowledgeable than I chimes in to help you out. Good luck.
I hope this isn't your problem but I had a tractor that would act the same way. It and ended up being the piston rings that had gone bad and I had to give it an engine rebuild.
The engine sounds fine and revs up like it is supposed to. I think it is more likely a transmission problem. Honestly, I think I'd prefer an engine problem.
Does the E series have a torque converter? If so that would be one place to start. I have a TD8 G that I had to replace the transmission pump,you may want to check that also. Good Luck.
When it starts slipping pull the floor and check the driveshaft. If it spins under load it is probably the transmission(or lack of oil pressure, or oil to the pumps), if it doesnt spin it is probably the torque convertor sliping.