Following on from a post that I have put in the scraper section showing the restoration work that Vic Draper has undertaken on a Cat 630B scraper...heres another fantastic project that Vic has just completed..I'll let the pictures speak for themselves
Excellent
Top job mate
That is nice.I don't think that I have ever seen one with a chrome stack.The detail that he goes to is incredible.Ron G
Another top job Vic,How far away Will the 16TDT be. Kerry.
To nice to get dirty
To nice to get dirty for sure. Is that the correct grill?
Sweet as, all so the Leyland truck
Great Job!! love to see the old iron brought back..... REALLY like the name he chose for it ....couldn't quite see if he's got the armrest seat on it, spent many a day sittin on one of those.........Clyde
great job!
I would say yes, it just looks different painted black instead of yellow.
I like the crome stack!
Kerry Tell us abit more about this 16TDT. Is extremely few of these in NZ; let alone the world. Roadmakers ex one was up my way, belonged to Ian Martin then Doug Gerrand. And thought he still had it, was 60 years old and still going strong. It was called BRUTUS; for good reasons. Merv
Hi Merv.As far as I know it was originally Feast & McJorrows,after them I dont know who owned it.I think it sat in a padock for ? years and Vic got hold of it.I am sure it will be fully restored like the 630.RayC was going down to Vics today so I am sure he will have an update on it.Take it easy. Kerry
This one lives at Wanaka. I think Tim Wallace's brother owns it the one with the 12v71 Kenworth.These were taken at the warbirds air show about 5 years ago.It was used on the Haast road.I know of another one sitting in a shed in Nelson.
Nice to see those machines looking so tidy, a job well done. I started out on a D8-8r with a cable blade and later on did some time on a 2U and scoop, machines have sure come a long way since. Cheers RDG.
I think Vic got that old 16tdt of a guy by the name of Nick evans near Palmeston North, Doug gerrand was thinking of getting it at one stage but never got around to it, I am quite well aquainted with Dougs 16tdt as i had seen it working near were i live some years ago, Doug gerrand also told me that there was one thats in the west coast of the South island somewhere, perhaps somebody might be able to shed some light on that?
Hi Reubs. One 16TDT was owned by Evans road construction from Hastings; they also had a TC12; this Nick Evans is probably part of the same family.
Hi Guy's, 16 TDT was Feast & McJorrow's new, The serial no is 16 TDT 19824, I believe it was the last of 7 to come to N.Z.
Nice job. They were a great dozer. My old man had a couple at one stage, and I know where there is one as spares if anyone wants parts. It's in pretty bad shape though.