Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Drill Bits ?

Northart ยท 2008-03-17 03:05

Has anyone used these , looking for some feedback as to being any GOOD. They were demonstrated at the ConExpo. http://www.baddogtools.com/cat.php?id=2

Replies10
  1. #1EZ TRBO2008-03-17 12:42

    I am betting that they used the same bit and drilled and forced its way through every type of material possible. I hadn't looked to see if they were still in business. I bought a set at the PRI show(Performance Racning Industry) in 2003 in Indy. Out of the one set I think I maybe have 3 that are not busted. I can get some pics, if I can find them things. I don't know what we did wrong but, even used them on a mill, with the exact recomended speeds and still busted them shanks. Trbo

  2. #2radd162008-03-17 20:31

    I seen them at conexpo last time and decided to try a set. Right off the bat the tips started chipping and breaking. They don't drill very fast either. You have to use a lot of pressure like in a drill press, hard to use with a hand drill. They do have a lifetime warranty, but you have to send in your old bit and pay shipping to get a new one. I didn't like mine and sent the whole set back and got a refund.

  3. #3Legdoc2008-03-17 22:44

    Alot of money for the sets. For general purpose use it is hard to beat a quality high speed steel set. If you want a better bit use cobalt. You can sharpen either with a bench grinder.

  4. #4radd162008-03-18 20:16

    I agree with Legdoc, I just use a good set of cobalt bits.

  5. #5tuney4432008-03-19 08:42

    I have those also.Not impressed at all,they break fairly easy and my cobalts will dance around them.I'm glad I didn't even pay half of that marked up price though.

  6. #6Squizzy246B2008-03-19 08:59

    There always seems to be a snake oil salesman at every show....and its always so believable. I am not immune A drill bit with Cobalt or better still Cobalt & Boron is the way to go. Expensive?.....Pay the money and never regret it....and don't feed the snake oil man.:Banghead

  7. #7Turbo218352008-03-19 12:29

    One things ive learned about tools, buy the expensive ones once, buy the cheap things again and again and again. All comes down to value

  8. #8bill53622008-03-20 21:08

    Bits I purchased a set of these a couple of years ago. They worked pretty well for concrete, but very slow for steel. I ended up sell them to a freind of mine, didn't feel they were worth the money for steel.

  9. #9Turbo218352008-03-20 21:55

    remind me not to be friends with you.

  10. #10bill53622008-03-24 18:09

    Bits Yea you could take it that way, he thinks they are best thing since sliced bread. But he is also works on the computer all day, I think he has only use them once to drill through his duct work. I sold them to him for a 1/3 of what I paid for them..