Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Drive Cable PC454-1 replacement

pcp20us ยท 2024-06-10 21:27

Hi. I have a Komatsu PC45-1 excavator. Thinks its a 1990s model or early. The left drive leaver cable that runs from the lever in the cabin to somewhere under the seat, is stuck. I have pulled up the floor to find that the cable is stuck or something is stuck to wherever it goes to. Googled plenty but have not found much thats useful. Wanting to know if i get to this from under the excavator or to remove the seat and floor to access and remove this cable. Link to image found on the net. https://www.carjunction.com/car_images2/84152_96124/96124a.jpg Thanks in advance

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2024-06-10 22:44
  2. #2Mike_272024-06-11 01:43

    This might help. https://isurplus.com.au/manuals/Komatsu%20PC45-1%20Service%20Manual.pdf

  3. #3pcp20us2024-06-11 19:38

    Hi, Cheers guys. I now have the complete manual. So i cansee what i need to get at. Just need to know how to get to it. Need to replace 13 as its about worn out. Then possible get to the control valve unit to test the port. By looking at the diagram I would guess its behind the driver seat if you go off the diagram. And guess the control valve would be under the hood.