I bought a ex60urg from an auction and everything was running good. I noticed climbing a hill it would bog the motor down but would run fine after it warmed up. Then last night I was moving dirt and I noticed the left track not engaging unless I used the boom, arm ,bucket curl or the right track. The same issue is with the swing function and the articulating boom. I traced all those line back and they are all on the same side of the control valve body. Not sure if that means anything. I'm not sure how to check pressures on anything. I also don't feel or hear anything when I try to use those functions. Any help would appreciated. Thanks
If possible see if you can try swapping your main pump lines over at the pump. If the the problem swaps over to the other track then its indicating that you have an issue with the pump, no test gauges required
Ok thanks. I will try that
Those two lines are different sizes. I didn't swap them cause I didn't want to cause any more harm without knowing
Thats ok , always best to double check than make assumptions. These pictures may may help clarify the main pump ports. I have marked them with a blue arrow. See attached.
Ok thanks. I will give that a try
Sorry it took so long to reply. I finally got the lines switched and tried it and nothing changed . Still those same functions have no pressure
That's ok, you have done well. By swapping the main pump lines you have managed to rule out the main pump as a possible cause, all without the use of expensive flow test equipment or paying for a technician to arrive at the same point. You may have to invest in some pressure test gauges and fittings as you continue if you don't already own a set. I will see if I can find a diagram of the hydraulic system for your machine to help with trouble shooting. In the meantime could you please confirm again the following for the faults... 1) left track motor ( left pilot travel lever ) is not working unless used with another function. ? 2) Machine Swing and Boom Swing are not working unless used with another function. ? Best regards
Yes I will have to get a set of pressure gauges as I do not have any. I really appreciate your time and help with this. You are correct with the faults. The left track will not move unless using the right track or other function. But will track straight when both levers are used. The machine swing will not swing unless using the Bucket curl, arm, or boom function. The same goes for the articulating swing
I cannot find any schematic diagrams specifically for the URG but I believe the -2 will be very similar for which I have a diagram. I will send you some more information in the next couple of days but in the meantime try checking the valve bank functions that operate off a cable and check to see that the cable lines are free and that there are no slightly stuck spools that may be jammed on, in particular the spare or option spool if you have one fitted. My diagram shows that the option spool and the travel levers are operated by cables from the foot pedals in the cab. the option spool is on the same pump supply for swing and left travel. Kind regards
Yes they all the spools are moving with the cables. No binding or anything. I'm guessing the option spool would be for the articulating boom because that's runs off of cables. The swing, left track, articulating boom and the arm functions are on the same side of the valve bank but the arm function still works , just the other 3 do not. Thank you again for your assistance
At the moment I can only come up with one possible fault that would affect all the functions that you have noted. There may be an issue with the flow combiner valve circuit. This valve has a check valve and spool assembly to allow for the combining of pump flows from one side of the valve bank to the other. I will send you some information from the -2 manual I have. The easiest way that I scan see on how to test my theory is to plug a pilot hose that goes onto the valve bank. I will email you some more instructions for this. Kind regards