Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Drive motor oil for bobcat 334

Palmer78 ยท 2014-01-11 00:27

I need to change the oil in the track drive motors for a Bobcat 334 but don't have a manual for it. Can anyone tell me what type of oil they take?

Replies4
  1. #1Huntoon2014-01-11 05:35

    I am not sure for your specific model, but most gearboxes use SAE 80W90 as factory recommendation. You may need to use different viscosity based on temperature, but it looks like you are in California, so you are alright. This is for the gearbox portion of the "travel motor"... the motor side would use hydraulic fluid.

  2. #2finaldrive2014-01-11 11:28

    See my FDC link in my sig

  3. #3melli2014-01-11 21:05

    My 331 manual has this: Drive Motors (each side) Gear Lube SAE - 90W 1.06 qts. I've been using 80W90. An often overlooked maintenance item. When I first did mine after purchase (used), the rancid smell of the oil left me breathless.

  4. #4Palmer782014-01-11 23:24

    Great. Thanks for the replies.