Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Drive scissor lift when platform is raised?

Nhoj ยท 2015-06-22 17:55

What I have always done when operating a scissor lift is lowering it when driving it. I have to do a job where I need to be elevated 5 meters and drive the scissor lift 25 meters . Can I drive when lift is elevated?

Replies2
  1. #1BillG2015-06-22 18:13

    It depends on a number of things, most importantly the lift itself and the terrain. On uneven terrain and a lift that is designed for hard surfaces I would do as you have been doing. On a rough terrain lift it will again depend on how uneven the surface is, but being more forgiving do to wheelbase and wheel stance a 4X4 will do much better.

  2. #2Wburke20102015-06-27 19:45

    Machine wise, yes it will drive while it is in the air. That being said it is not always a good or safe idea to do that. Like bill said it depends on the terrain and how level you are. If this is on a solid concrete pad with a regular lift then I don't see a problem with it. If the ground is not level I WOULD NOT drive while it is in the air. Walter