Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Driveshafts

Old Doug ยท 2013-11-05 18:47

I am working on a 1994 IH I think its a 9400. The rear driveshaft between the drive axles i noticed the yokes are not in line. I thought they needed to be. They have more than 1 IH and its driveshaft is the same way.

Replies2
  1. #1Mike L2013-11-05 20:01

    they are supposed to be in line or you'll get a vibration and wear u-joints. maybe being in the jackshaft it wouldn't be as noticeable as in the long shaft

  2. #2Old Doug2013-11-05 20:37

    Its funny that these 2 IH would be like this. The other one had a vibration and the driver thought it was the jackshaft. It had a ujoint going bad i changed it and turned the driveshaft. I ask him if he know about it being not lined up and he said it hadnt been out while they had owned it several 100.000 miles.