Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Log books

markshr151 ยท 2013-11-06 21:56

Can I claim time in the sleeper with only a crew cab (f 350 and gooseneck )

Replies5
  1. #1Knocker of rock2013-11-06 23:34

    Don't know, but might try someplace like this http://ltlhotshot.myfreeforum.org

  2. #2ValleyFirewood2013-11-07 05:06

    Most truck back seats don't meet the regs... http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/administration/fmcsr/fmcsrruletext.aspx?reg=393.76

  3. #3mitch5042013-11-07 13:15

    Exactly, it has to be 36" wide with a mattress in it.

  4. #4markshr1512013-11-07 21:41

    I know it's no use trying to make sense of DOT rules but my FL 60 extended cab has a real bed but not 36". There must be some leeway . (I know, that's stupid )

  5. #5mitch5042013-11-07 22:03

    Oops, I was wrong, see the link Valley Firewood posted, above. It has to be 24" x 24" x 75" and have a mattress and bedding. I would guess the pickup cab doesn't have 75" inside width.