Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Driving a mini 2 miles on country roads?

PJM · 2019-10-30 14:36

Can I do that? I have brand new rubber tracks on it. Don't have a trailer or easy access to a transporter. Is it an option to just drive it there? Would it just be excruciatingly slow (which I can deal with) or do I risk causing some damage to it or running afoul of the law?

Replies10
  1. #1seville0092019-10-30 14:48

    no harm.....just slow put a slow moving triangle and flashing light (like a snow plow beacon) on the rear if possible so idiots flying by see you Bring a book to read......

  2. #2lumberjack2019-10-30 23:36

    The law part is on you and your jurisdiction. If you've got the fuel, the ex doesn't care how far it walks.

  3. #3Vetech632019-10-31 07:25

    Some guys ex's want them to walk off a clif…...…...oh wait...…...

  4. #4OTG AuGres2019-10-31 20:58

    It’s over a mile from one side of my property to the other via the trail system. I try to plan my work and my travels...it’s a long ride across the trails from one side to another. Never figured any harm done, it’s just time.

  5. #5PJM2019-11-01 20:10

    UPDATE: Thank you for your help! Got the machine there just fine. I found it pulled to the right quite a bit. Had to adjust the line every couple of minutes. Can't say if the tracks are moving at different rates or it was the road camber. Regarding the legality, a bunch of people, including the county sheriff passed me in the same direction like it was no thing. It did take about 45 minutes and I brought a podcast to listen to. Very loud and bouncy. Bose headphones canceled almost NO perceptible noise. There are speakers in the cab, but I couldn't see how to connect to them. It was a bit of a strain on the legs keeping the throttles forward, might have been the worst part. I'm so happy to have my machine where I need it. Thanks again!

  6. #6uffex2019-11-02 02:40

    Good day There are a number of examples of axle attachment to excavators enabling the machine to be towed by a tractor, could be worth consideration to save track wear. Kind regards Uffex

  7. #7uffex2019-11-02 02:42

    Found a pict.

  8. #8KSSS2019-11-02 09:28

    Those BOSE noise cancelling head phones are amazing. When I have to track a long way, I have found that turning the machine around so you depress the foot feet down right in front of you is a lot more comfortable.

  9. #9Nige2019-11-02 09:39

    These guys are probably the market leader .... https://www.sleipner.fi/

  10. #10colson042019-11-02 09:45

    Wow, that is quite the transport system.