Sometimes I have to drive my Case 590 backhoe approx 15 miles on the street. I try to limit my speed to 1100-1300 rpms. Do you think I am causing any harm to my machine ?
depends if there are any big bumps. you should be fine.
sometimes i do 50+ miles a day roading in a jcb 3cx flat out too 5000+ hours with no problems if your machine is mechanicly sound and serviced up i fail to see a problem , bumps or not
Just make sure it is not in 4X4 while roading, and have the boom locked in the overcenter position. No problems at all. Watch for the bumps as they make you bounce, but don't hurt anything, and run as fast as you are comfortable with. When roading, I run as fast as conditions allow, because I don't make any $$ while on the road. Never had any troubles.
I have a 06 580 SM with 9200hrs we drive all over the road the only problem we had to replace front axle because of the foamed filled tires other than that no problems but we also dont foam fill the front tires anymore.
Welcome to the Forums Real Addiction!:drinkup
Thanks for the welcome
The biggest mileage I ever did in the UK was on a one day hire.Four hours there,, backfill a hole, lunch, Four hours back. Not sure of the exact mileage but well over one hundred. Pedal to the metal!!! :drinkup
"Pedal to the metal"-I do the same .The only problem here,in Bulgaria,is the terrible condition of the roads.Fortunately I have CASE 580 SLE with ride control function-it make my driving more comfortable.At 2250 rpm I have speed 35-38 km/h (22-24 miles) at a smooth road.Sometimes I travel more than 50 miles per day,there's no problem with my backhoe last 4000 hours.
Im always on the street. I always start of in 2 or 3, run 4th wide open, downshift going up the hills when needed. I've passed speed radars in the Super N going 25-26mph. Maintain your machine and go with w/e your comfortable with, you should have no problems.
on road I drove the road a bunch with my Case. I had an open ROPS and once was using it to plow a parking lot. It was so cold driving the 10 miles or more to the site. I wore some heated socks. A few times I drove it about 20 miles on a highway. I'd pull over when I could to let traffic pass.
I have a JCB 212S now with a full cab and heater.....so nice. It's trickier to drive on road because of the 4 wheel steering, but still ok.
With the 4 wheel steering you can turn left and your rear will move farther to the right, so you must be careful not to hit something. Two wheel steering is much easier to drive on the road, but you can't beat the manuverability in tight places.
I always started off in 4th gear, the torque converter on the JCB is well up to the job. Hills kill road speed so third was usually required. Downhill never ever lift out of gear!