Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dropped hydraulic pump in 30 sae oil

Travis Bales ยท 2020-10-13 10:18

Hey guys.. so working on a cat 955l. In the process of taking the hydraulic pump out the pump slipped and fell into a oil drain bucket that had hydraulic and sae 30 oil in it ...my question is will it hurt any thing if a little 30 sae oil got in the hydraulic pump ? I have let the pump sit over night letting it drain . Thanks ..

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-10-13 11:13

    No !

  2. #2Travis Bales2020-10-13 11:17

    Thanks

  3. #3mitch5042020-10-13 13:37

    Nope, I would have just wiped it off and installed it. You could put a 5 gallon bucket of 30 wt in your hydraulic tank and not hurt a thing.

  4. #4Welder Dave2020-10-13 15:24

    I knew a guy that used to keep spare Vickers pumps for his P&H hoes in pails of diesel fuel to prevent rusting and contamination. As long as it didn't pick up any dirt in the oil won't be an issue.