I am hoping to find some assistance with a Drott 2500cc crane Recently 1 of the outriggers started moving with the boom. If beam is selected the outrigger moves in and out as the boom is raised or lowered if float is selected the foot on that same outrigger raises and lowers with the boom. I don't have a manual but figured this must be controlled by some type of relay or control board as it is only 1 outrigger and the function changes with the float/ beam selection. I am more of a back yard mechanic but I am an electrician. Any advice would be appreciated especially when it comes to possible safety circuits and possible direction to look it took me quite a while just to find the solenoids.
My guess would be time to reseal the swing manifold .
I can think of three things it could be. First item is the solenoid valves down on the outrigger being stuck one way of the other. Second is a short in the wiring harness either in the can or down inside the carbody. Third item could be the electrical swivel.
UPDATE: Thanks for the help John C & td25c, I was thinking there must be a control board / relay because of the way it was reacting. I checked the outrigger momentary switch and it was flakey, while trying to understand what was the proper switch & lever combinations to get another out rigger functioning so I could test if it was the switch it failed closed for about 15-30 seconds now with both switches removed and manually shorting the contacts everything is working properly so there were 2 problems. Ordering new switches for all 4 and the rubber boots to keep them clean. Thanks again for the assist.
Glad to hear you have a solution. Let us know when you have it all buttoned up.
Had some problems logging back in system said bad gateway? but working now. I replaced the 4 outrigger switches last Friday and it worked great. Today one of the operators thanked me I guess the truck shop couldn't figure it out but it is working now without problems.
Thanks for letting us know that all works.