Got an old Case Drott 40 B series with Detroit 4-71. Working on some engine stuff but also having trouble figuring out the working psi as I begin changing hoses. I’m hearing they are low pressure machines compared to today’s standard and two wire braid with working pressure of 2400-2500 r2 hose will be fine. The manual is hard to understand to me. I’m seeing relief pressures from 2050-3000psi. The hydraulic pump has no psi rating I can see. I wonder what pressures it puts out. I’ve got access to lots of two wire braid and obviously don’t want to spend any more money than needed. Any info would be helpful. Thanks
How hard do you plan on pushing her? On an old dozer, running hose that close to the edge probably fine, on an excavator, might be asking for trouble. How good of an operator are you? I know myself, when I'm digging, I'm using basically all of the hydraulic capability. If you're just going to be kind of lolly-gaggin around, maybe it'll work.
Old machine, all gear pumps as I recall. Pressures as I recall were around 2,100 PSI. I don't recall any 4 wire hoses used on those machines. There are plenty of two wire hoses that can handle 3K or higher pressures. Safety ranges are usually 3 or 4 to 1.