Just bought a drott 40EC wheeled excavator It hasn’t ran in years Some of the wiring was chewed up by animals so I just jumper the starter with 24 V battery…. The engine is stuck. I don’t know much about this machine and I don’t even know what kind of engine it is what it is I don’t know what to do about nonsticking that seized up engine Any advice would be appreciated Is there anyone who can give me advice on how to operate the thing if I do get it, unstuck and running I did poor Marvel, Mr. oil through the oil fill cap on the valve, cover the other day. I have not went back yet to see if it unstuck the motor.
Welcome to the HEF! Good to have you. Wowzers. I hear ya, sometimes when I hit the liquor hard, I make bad choices, purchase things that I shouldn’t have. One does not simply “unstick” a seized engine. Instead of pouring Mystery oil, one must pour large buckets of money. Read the archives, Drotts are like Poke’man. You gotta collect them all. Most Drott owners have four or five in the backyard. My advice is to keep purchasing them until you find one with an engine that runs. Then, you can mix or match. Share with your friends.
I have unstuck old heavy equipment engines all my life and only 1 time have I been defeated I am pretty darn good at getting an old engine that seized from sitting unstuck … this engine that’s in this one I am unsure of because I don’t even know what kind of engine it is and not familiar with it… And I honestly don’t know much about diesel engines This Drott was running 10 years ago… running when they parked it It should unstick fairly easy.. I hope