I really hope someone can help me out. I bought a Drott 60RM2 Carry Deck Crane about 6 months ago because it could lift alot of weight. I own a sawmill and figured it would be handy at loading logs which it is. It doesn't seem to have much power and seems the lowest gear has the most power. It is slow but lifts alot. Anywho, I checked the hydraulic fluid the other day and it's water like consistency and is a greyish milky color. I don't really know much about the machine. I've tried looking online for manuals/specs/type of hydraulic fluid it uses and can't find anything. I described to a friend how it has a rocker pedal for forward and reverse and he said it's hydrostatic drive so it probably uses a trans-hydraulic fluid. I really would appreciate if someone can help me out. Thanks
More than likely, the hydraulic oil for the crane, is not shared with the transmission. The crane portion is probably just a aw32 or aw46 hydraulic oil. It could be a tractor hy- tran type oil also. The transmission is probably ATF and should have its own dipstick on the transmission. None of it should be grey and milky colored. Likely it set outside with a bad cap on the hyd tank and its gotten water in it, or its condensation and its been in there forever. Drain and refill, and check the transmission. Your best bet for a manual will be off ebay. Here's one for a drott 85, it wouldn't be exactly like yours, but its close enough for most of your general info and would give you a idea of how it works and where things are, and what they use for fluid. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Drott-85-R...770318?hash=item56cf84bd0e:g:-QEAAOSwxKFd1bZt
This guy is parting one out, when you need something. http://danspartsandequipment.com/parts/parts-machines/drott-60rm2/ Looks like yours lifts 6000 lbs, and the 85 crane op posted is almost the same, but lifts 8500.
Thanks for the help. I actually talked to a guy who only lives 2 hours from me that has the same machine. He said he spent a year trying to find parts for his. He ended up replacing the motor and transmission with a ford bronco 2 motor and trans and it runs great. He did tell me though that the 85rm2 was totally different. I thought it was mainly just the crane but he said there was alot more differences.