Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I’m not ready for winter

Kiwi-truckwit · 2020-05-20 20:37

I know those of you who live in the snow will laugh at me, but in these parts, a good frost is as cold as it gets. It's only been 2 days, and I'm sick of scraping ice off the crane already.... And of course this old girl doesn't have a working heater

Replies3
  1. #1crane operator2020-05-20 21:02

    Ha Ha- its just getting warm here. Get yourself one of the little propane tent/ ice house heaters and set it by your toes on the floor. I've done that quite often when the heater is on the fritz. They will burn your socks and your neck will still be cold, but you can at least warm your hands once in a while. https://www.amazon.com/coleman-5038-800-blackcat-perfectemp-catalytic/dp/b0000ausl5

  2. #2repowerguy2020-05-20 21:07

    One of those with an adaptor hose to connect it to a 20# cylinder and you’re in business.

  3. #3Kiwi-truckwit2020-05-20 22:25

    They look the berries. I'm sure the GC of the site I'm working on would deem it a hazard somehow though, with all their rules I wonder how they manage to dress themselves. My last crane had a Webasto diesel heater in it from factory, and it was fantastic, so I'm going to see if I can get one installed in this one. The best thing is that you can set it to turn itself on with a timer, so if you set it for a half hour before you get to site, the cab is already toasty and the windows are clear