It's a small unit with a 16hp gas motor. Not the monster SS that most of you guys here have. It's a survivor. Could almost be in a museum. It was really tight sitting in there, but maybe cozy is the 'right' word. What struck me is the machine's simplicity and lack of safety features. It has roll protection at least. My dad is retired and pretty much uses it to move heavy things around and a general labor saving machine. It fits into pretty tight areas. I drove it into the barn (low ceiling) and had to pivot in order to pick up an electric motor, then back up. Couldn't have done it with mine. I had not driven it until today. I'm used to a 1845c. No major message here, just wanted to share.
Post a pic of it!
http://images1.americanlisted.com/nlarge/rounder_l600_skid_loader_2800_odebolt_8299599.jpg Here is a link to one like it (not in as good of shape though). He lives an hour a way ,and, in all honesty, I probably won't get back down there for a few weeks. Cute little tyker. My dad's not interested in productivity, he's got all the time in the world. Just use it to help get small jobs done ...things he probably could have done by hand in younger years. Actually it is pretty strong for a small and light unit. I know it's obsolete by today's standards but...
That's cool man, love the evolution of all things.
Thanks, I had never heard of a Rounder. Wonder how old it is?
I think they were made in Oaks, North Dakota.
Yeah me too. Imagine when that first came out and replaced laborers, shovels and wheelbarrows on some sites. It's amazing what we have today to do the same job we did with less in the past.