Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dry clutch tech question…

special tool ยท 2008-07-13 10:14

Any of you guys know, if it is at possible to adjust pressure plate finger tension on JD 450B through inspection hole?? Machine slips slightly on left and it is on a job and I don't know if I can get it up the ramps of the tag. Local mechanic just did new clutches, and they are adjusted all the way and still slips. The idiot used old PP springs or didn't adjust the fingers right, or something. He doesn't forget to call me when he wants a check, though. Thanks.

Replies1
  1. #1JimInOz2008-07-13 18:24

    Jd 450 Hi ST, There's a very knowledgable JD guy on the Yesterdays Tractors forum...he should help you.His name is "jdemaris" & I think he's been a long time JD mechanic.Go to the crawlers forum. You have to have those fingers adjusted right & sometimes there's worn components in there.Also ensure the plates are in good order & placed correctly. I'm repairing some fingers on an IH 500 at present.The pivot holes are all badly worn. Good luck, Jim