Hello, New to the board. Have a new (to me) Case 350 loader crawler. Have a parts manual, no service manual yet. Drained the shuttle, cleaned the suction screen and changed the filter. I believe the dipstick is not original as it is cut off at the full line. And that is about a 1/4 inch from bottoming out. Bear in mind this shuttle dose not have a pan either old or new style. Just one piece unit. With what I changed, how much fluid would it take to fill? And if anyone has a shuttle without a pan, how far is the dipstick from bottoming when warn idling in nuetral? Less than 2 quarts drained when I took the line off of the shuttle to clean the suction screen. Thanks, cb1
Picture of machine. Thanks, cb1
What does the shuttle have on the bottom in place of the pan? All of the borg-warner shuttles should have a removable pan.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums cb1! :drinkup
350 Specs Hi CB1, Handy little machine.I have a sales brochure here. REFILL CAPACITIES: Fuel...16 Gal Engine with filter...1.5 US Gal Hyd System.......8 Gal Trans/Finals...2.25 Gal Shuttle & Torq Conv...2.5 Gal Cooling....3.25 Gal You have to use a special type of oil in the trans to get the best from your steering....I forget which oil now. Try the caseterratraccrawlers site. Jim
Goose, there is no pan, just one casting all the way around, etc. JimInOZ, thanks, thats a start. cb1
yea, dont use gear oil in the rear diff it is to slippery and it will ruin the steering bands. you have to use mineral oil i think its gl5 but i may be wrong, its been awhile. also make sure you pull the rear diff cover off to adjust the bands internally so they will last longer if you just keep adjusting the outer nuts it will wear the ends of the bands. and groove the drums, keep the sprocket nuts tight and you will have a great little loader. parts are cheap and easy to come by.
Thanks guys, hopefully tommorow I will get a chance to give it a try. cb1