hey everyone, I just acquired a 97 Daewoo DSL801 Skidsteer on a trade and it's working pretty good minus the right drive side is weaker than the left. Other than this (and even with this issue), it's strong and so far works pretty awesome. I'm totally new to these machines and hydraulics so just looking for input on where to start looking for the problem. I've been a regular mechanic for 17yrs so I'm mechanically inclined lol, just don't know squat about hydraulics (except steering on my rock crawlers). Today I jacked up the machine, with tires off the ground I can manually push the right side tires much faster then the left side but it's "catchy" or "notchy" feeling....(hope that makes sense), it's not smooth like the left side. Left side tires I push by hand and it's much harder to move them and they turn real nice and smooth but the right tires are much easier and feels almost like something is catching the whole time. I've read they're a "chain drive" in there so hard for me to think the chain would cause that...maybe drive motor? Any guidance would be very much appreciated. Thank you and hello from North Carolina!
Is there an inspection cover in between the tires, you could have a worn sprocket that's allowing the chain to skip.
Yeah I think so, in the middle there is
You will lose some oil if you pull the cover, but you will at least be able to see if something is damaged. It could still be the drive motor.
Could also be wheel bearing piling up
Is that regular oil or gear oil in there btw? I'm still leaning to hydro motor cause of how it feels..I use hydro steering on my rock crawler and thats how steering valve feels when turning steering by hand with engine off but this is all still new to me. Wheel bearing wouldn't slow it down just make it feel weird maybe but doubt it would slow the right side down as much as it is
You’d have to check with manufactures oil recommend for chain case. As far as your problem, first step would still be a visual. Your wheel bearings are supporting a sprocket as well as the wheel. So it’s cheaper to investigate rather than spend mega dollars on a drive motor, IMHO
If it is a drive motor, you could check your hydraulic filter for filings and pieces.
that's next on my list is to change that filter and fuel filter, pull the wheels and inspect bearings I reckon. Try and weed out all the simple stuff. Appreciate the input bud