This question is for Nevrenufhp, or anyone else who may know. I looked on the/his "injection pump power adjustment" site for my DT-466 engine, but it doesn't seem to be included in the list of engines that mods are available for. All I know is it's a 1979 DT-466, w/rotary pump.(see pics) Do you have any mods available for this pump/engine? Thanks.
The rotary pump is not tuner friendly. It takes a fuel injection shop to do it. You can swap out a later model inline pump & injector lines on it and be able to adjust it. Not the cheapest alternative, but it's about the only way. Sorry to bear bad news:Banghead Dale
Darn it anyhoo!! :crying Thanks anyway for the "heads up" Dale. If I do eventually need to replace the pump, I'll worry about upgrading then.:thumbsup
Someone was posting on another site about taking off the big cover on top, then there's some thin plate under that to take off. Finally, there's a screw to adjust. I think he said, adjust the screw out(loosen it), then re set the jamb nut & it's done. If you want to try it, ok. If not, no biggie.
Thank you for that info. Could you tell me which site this was? I'll try and look the post up and read about it some more, if possible. I've a 466 engine service manual, that includes the rotory pump, coming next week. I may be able too figure it out with the help of that too. Thanks Again Nevrenfhp.
It was on Diesel Stop in the general section, maybe a month ago. If it works, please post, and I'll add it to the ol' website of free fuel.:thumbsup Dale
Thanks Dale, I'll let you know if/when I do make any adjustments on it.
Most of the time it is best leave things alone with rotary injection pumps. If your looking for more power have the injectors rebuilt and have the IP rebuilt or if there is a way to retrofit a inline pump even better. I imagine the inline pumps are Bosch and not Lucas Yank that little 466 out and install a N-14 you shoud have some power then :yup
Yep, the inliners are Bosch. The 84-92 pumps are a direct bolt in.
The 466 is enough for my needs. If I can push alittle more fuel into it, and monitor it by the exhaust temp I'll try that. I'd watch the engine,frame,and axles drive away as I skidded down the road in the cab the first time I gassed it up if I put a N14 in there.
Installing a inline pump, rebuilt injectors and have to change the injector lines I bet you could easilly get 230hp out of the old girl. With the ultralow sulphur fuel what in the heck is going to happen with old trucks with rotary IP that depend allot on fuel for lubrication.