Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dual slope laser recommendations

trackhoejoe ยท 2011-05-13 18:49

I'm looking to buy one and was just wondering if anyone on here had any recommendations on a particular brand and model.....TIA.

Replies6
  1. #1shaper2011-05-17 20:34

    Topcon RL-H2SA. Topcon may have a newer version of this available now. I have owned this model for 6 years now.

  2. #2thebaz2011-05-24 08:04

    I have a Topcon RL-100 2S and really like it. Has 800m range and a remote control so you can set the grade away from the laser. It is very easy to setup and I have had great experience with Topcon reliability.

  3. #3trackhoejoe2011-05-24 22:14

    I'm looking at a Leica Rugby. A good friend of mine has one and loves it, but just can't seem to find any info (good or bad) on them. I trust the guy's opinion, but would like to have others just to be safe. I had an older Topcon until someone stole it out of my truck. :cussing

  4. #4SE-Ia Cowman2011-05-27 23:45

    spectra gl720 is a great lazer ours has a remote control also they shoot 10% on 1 axis and 25% on the other axis I will buy a 742 next time they will shoot a 110% grade on 1 axis

  5. #5tootalltimmy2011-07-02 22:36

    What is a 110% grade? I can't picture it?

  6. #6SE-Ia Cowman2011-07-03 10:55

    100% grade is 45 degree angle or 1:1 so 110% grade is 49.5 degrees