Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

dually wheel mechanism type identification

towbar · 2023-09-27 21:37

I have a pair of duallies that I got with my Dx-6.05 tractor, the plan is to clean them up and sell them. Is anyone familiar with this type of attachment mechanism? Is it popular? It looks well done, does it have a name'? Link of my ad: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1647913815 TIA

Replies2
  1. #156wrench2023-09-28 09:52

    I’ve never seen that type of mounting before. It must be European?

  2. #2towbar2023-09-28 19:10

    I think my tractor was built in Germany and sold in Holland before being imported to Canada as a used tractor. That mechanism is good design, quick to install/remove and I think extremely strong. Works like bulkhead doors on ships and subs, I don't think the dually would come off hitting a wall at a good clip, unless the HOST rim got deformed. I'm having the tires removed already, will have a better look at it when I can turn that rusty handle Picture was probably original dealer decal